‘With My N*ggers’: CNBC Apologizes for Unfortunate Choice of Musical Tease

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
Some will, some won't but black folks got to take the initiative to be what they want to be treated as. I don't believe in coming to the table dusty and demanding respect. If someone wants to call Future a nikka they're in their right to do so, but if you want to call Neil Degresse Tyson a nikka, thats an entirely different matter.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
Because they wouldn't call us ******s anyway? :rudy:

I think that is irrelevant, if "they" want to call us ******s then we need to confront that

What we call ourselves is on us, why exactly do you feel pressure to call yourself a nikka because white people say it? Can you break down that logic, I'm not following it

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
People overlook that. Like if we stop using the word, white people will respect that and stop using the word too. :pachaha:

That isn't part of my argument, White people can do and say whatever the fuk they want to do, and they don't have to respect us

I'm just saying calling ourselves nikkas and trying to mainstream the word is a dumb idea, period

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think popularizing the word nikka is on of the stupidest things black people have done

I agree. There are so many things that deeply trouble me about our race. What group of people in their right mind would refer to themselves as something that was used to dehumanize them. The only way you can confidently understand the psyche of the average black person is knowing how the a slave mind works. A slave has no sense of dignity and no confidence within himself or his/her own people.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
That isn't part of my argument,

Then what are you complaining about? Every other race and group uses seemingly demeaning language towards each other in a joking manner. So why is it a problem when we do the same?

I'm just saying calling ourselves nikkas and trying to mainstream the word is a dumb idea, period

What difference does it make if it's mainstream or not?

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
Then what are you complaining about? Every other race and group uses seemingly demeaning language towards each other in a joking manner. So why is it a problem when we do the same?

What difference does it make if it's mainstream or not?

well you just answered your own question, what other race tries to mainstream demeaning language? the problem i have is the mainstreaming, once it becomes mainstream its not a word being used amongst ourselves

im just asking what is the logic or strategy behind trying to mainstream nikka, as far as i can see there isnt none

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
thats totally you with your co-worker...she must be one fine piece of ass lets be real...you could care less how racist she is as long as she lets you slide up in there ...its all right man just make sure to be a little extra demeaning (within legal limits) for the whole her being a racist thing...but not to the point where you catch a case ...because she is racist so you never know if she will lie that you date raped her or something
There's nothing u could do to get me to admit any of this, lol.

but let's just say.. i wouldn't go pass dome.