“Operation Afro-Dilution”: Michigan’s Plan to Flood Detroit with Upscale Immigrants

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
Electing a black mayor doesn't mean shyt when black people in Detroit don't control the means of production. Blacks in Detroit were nothing more than a cheap labor force for the big automakers. White people owned the big companies and had the high positions, living in the suburbs. The Arabs owned many of the businesses in Detroit. There is absolutely no correlation with having a black elected official and having progress. Part of the reason the city was going bankrupt because unemployment among black people was around 50% and they could not generate tax revenue to keep the city's service running. Black people rely too much on white owned companies to employ them and when they shut those opportunities, they have nowhere to go. Arabs, Asians, and Hispanics in Detroit are not hiring black people. The same groups also don't spend their many at the few black businesses that we got. Every other group has their own economic base that sustain except black people.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyph...one-mans-greed-drive-detroit-into-bankruptcy/

Some excerpts:

They found it in the way of Kwame Malik Kilpatrick. In 2001, the 31 year old Detroit native became the youngest person ever elected mayor in the city. He ran on a platform filled with promise of a better Detroit. Instead, he brought political corruption and greed.

Kilpatrick’s spending raised eyebrows out of the gate: in his first term, he charged at least $210,000 on his city-issued credit card. The bill included nearly 80 charges for expensive dinners – one of which included an $85 bottle of Moet & Chandon champagne. He also leased – on the City’s dime – a cherry red Lincoln Navigator for his family. It didn’t escape notice that, at a time when the city was fighting its way out of a $230 million deficit with hopes for economic stability, Kilpatrick treated city funds like his own piggy bank. He defended his spending as necessary for his image – and for Detroit’s image.

As Kilpatrick ponders what went wrong – and he has lots of time to do so – the city might be wondering the same thing. Over the time frame that Kilpatrick was mayor, the city’s population declined by nearly 25%. The city’s credit ratings nearly reached junk status. The deficit ballooned. And the level of corruption, bribery and potential cronyism reached such heights that hiring in the city was referred to as “the friends and family plan.”
:heh:

More than half of Detroit property owners failed to pay their 2011 tax bills, totaling about $246.5 million in taxes and fees. The city’s share of what was owed represents more than 10% of Detroit’s budget.

According to the Detroit News, property tax delinquency is so pervasive that there were 77 blocks in which only one owner paid taxes. You don’t have to scratch your head to figure out why. Property owner Fred Phillips (no relation) explained his frustrations this way:

Why pay taxes? Why should I send them taxes when they aren’t supplying services? It is sickening. … Every time I see the tax bill come, I think about the times we called and nobody came.

Taxpayers that I spoke with, including many who have left the city over the last decade, agree. They add that it’s not just a lack of services but a lack of faith in the system. It’s a palpable sense of defeat, this notion that if those at the top – those that we look up to – have failed us, why keep trying?
:wow:

Whenever you point the finger at someone else breh, there are three more pointing back at you.

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
Now I see why black folk move down south in masses. How you have only one property owner that paid taxes in 77 blocks? :snoop:

The blacks are the ones that elected Kwame, not once, but twice. Again, no doubt The Man has some blame in all of this, but the black folks of the D share a large portion of it as well. They were the majority, they had the voting power in the city. So if you have the voting power, you have to look at yourself breh. :manny:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Alot of you are negating the fact that a large portion of Detroit BLACK population fled in the 90's and 2000's as well. Detroit was north of a million for majority of the last century but the BIGGEST travesty was when the black folks who SHOULD HAVE and COULD HAVE been the generation to bring it back to prominence took they tax dollars and ideas down to Atlanta or out to Troy and Warren.

Gentrification is very real in Detroit, however, as a life time resident i can say that us natives aren't making a good case to be included in the process. We don't vote, we don't organize and most of all WE DON'T START BUSINESSES. The natives aren't creating new markets for themselves outside of the creative sector (which is REALLY why Detroit is coming back don't let that Dan Gilbert shyt fool you). But when all these new plans were popping up the natives weren't makin the noise to be included.

I personally could care less if Detroit remains a "black city" sure it will be disappointing if it isn't but i'd rather live in a city that works over a city that has cultural homogeneity. If it stays black and it works, wonderful. If it doesn't and works, wonderful. At this point Detroit needs help no matter where it comes from.

The issue is that with all these black people here the families that left are showing NO inclinations of returning. You hear about "white people takin they city back" like it was theirs to begin with. It belongs to whoever puts in the work to maintain it. And if the people who live here don't want to do that then they are in the way. And if the people who want this place fail to listen to those natives who are vocal then they are just as guilty as the rest.

Detroit is a perfect storm of municipal, social and financial fukkery and only Detroit can save it.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Alot of you are negating the fact that a large portion of Detroit BLACK population fled in the 90's and 2000's as well. Detroit was north of a million for majority of the last century but the BIGGEST travesty was when the black folks who SHOULD HAVE and COULD HAVE been the generation to bring it back to prominence took they tax dollars and ideas down to Atlanta or out to Troy and Warren.

Gentrification is very real in Detroit, however, as a life time resident i can say that us natives aren't making a good case to be included in the process. We don't vote, we don't organize and most of all WE DON'T START BUSINESSES. The natives aren't creating new markets for themselves outside of the creative sector (which is REALLY why Detroit is coming back don't let that Dan Gilbert shyt fool you). But when all these new plans were popping up the natives weren't makin the noise to be included.

I personally could care less if Detroit remains a "black city" sure it will be disappointing if it isn't but i'd rather live in a city that works over a city that has cultural homogeneity. If it stays black and it works, wonderful. If it doesn't and works, wonderful. At this point Detroit needs help no matter where it comes from.

The issue is that with all these black people here the families that left are showing NO inclinations of returning. You hear about "white people takin they city back" like it was theirs to begin with. It belongs to whoever puts in the work to maintain it. And if the people who live here don't want to do that then they are in the way. And if the people who want this place fail to listen to those natives who are vocal then they are just as guilty as the rest.

Detroit is a perfect storm of municipal, social and financial fukkery and only Detroit can save it.

For black folk, Detroit is a lost city and a lost cause.

Truetalk

Banned
Daps
this is a bullet black people dodged by hillary losing

the dilution of what little power black people have would have been accomplished under the banner of multiculturalism, bilingualism and amnesty

I was thinking the exact same thing about that there has even been a few more immigration enforcement centers around detroit and in other parts of michigan so they shut down that supposed takeover