11/26/16. UFC Melbourne: Brunson vs. Whittaker...the Official Thread

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
What exactly was Brunson's gameplan here? Wild swings, chin all up in the air, he basically punched himself out and walked into a stoppage :mjlol: Silly ass shyt.
Read the history he was trying to chase above makes sense now

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Main Event great and horrible all at the same time.

Whittaker fought a great fight...I loved how when Brunson started his waterboy sh!t, Whittaker was striking inside of his strikes/grabbing attempts....short little inside elbows, straight punches, a fast front kick that almost did some damage....he just was threatening with counters at all times....he didn't let Brunson put his will on him.

I questioned his td defense %age b/c he never really faced a legit wrestler but he proved his wrestling to be legit...got taken down once and popped up immediately...Hardy talked about how good he fights backwards and how good his left hook is and BAM! back-pedaling left hook drops Brunson...

I don't wanna overrate this performance b/c Brunson was ass but Whitaker is a tough go for EVERYONE @ 185...especially Mousasi...he can strike with Moose...he can stuff Moose's takedown...and Whitaker is relatively fresh while Moose gets old at some point...I got Whittaker in that fight.

Low key, Australia has a strong MMA scene....respect to Kyle Noke for retiring.