4/20/24 DAZN PPV: Devin Haney vs Ryan Garcia (WBC Super Lightweight Title)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Not moving up in weight when he should have is destroying his punch resistance. Dude took a 12 rd beating while being drained. That's not good for your body at all, regardless of your age.

His next fight needs to be at 147, because at this point even light punching nikkas like Barboza and Martin will be trying to take his head off, let alone the actual punchers at 140.
Haney and Ryan are both tall enough for 147..easily.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Word is Devin was knocking people out in sparring thats why he got overconfident in knocking Ryan out....i mean what can you tell a dude who was undefeated, undisputed and considered to be the best. He laughed at that 3 pounds and didn't take it serious thats why they agreed to it.

The Ryan fight wasn't about anything serious for the Haneys...its was too boost the popularity and status of Devin Haney in the entertainment world. But Ryan flipped it on them and is now seen as an actual fighter who can stand toe to toe with the best of them. They gonna make a documentary about this fight in the future .......Its one thing to be nice and undefeated in the gym, but when its under them bright lights shyts is diffrent:wow:
Documentary already in the works.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
I don't think Haney is going to be same after this fight. He really got dismantled and exposed. Very strange bc he had all the momentum after outclassing Regis Prograis last year. Fought a murders row of fighters too over the years. Don't see him beating Teofimo, Ryan, Matias or any of the very top 140lb fighters.
He needs a long rest and re assessment. Time to graft & become better technically, study the game more.
But he is young, unsure about his social circle?
That fight last week showed the world he has rubbish ring IQ, crap defence and terrible adjustments , but he showed grit, heart & tenacity but no arsenal!

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
Documentary already in the works.
They gonna give him the Andy Ruiz package :francis:

MV5BNGY5MGM1ZGUtNWYzZC00NmYyLTk1YmItNjNmOGUxNzEwM2ZmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTg1MjA1Mjk@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Yet Ppl said the SAME EXACT shyt when Teofimo got the dogshyt beaten out of him by Kambosos, And then struggled with Sandor Martin. Taylor was supposed to wash him. Now all a sudden he's elite again and Haney can't fxck with him. Lol.

He's 25, Still has the belt. He could bounce back. Was undisputed champion, not like he doesn't have the mental to do it. many champs have bounced back from worse losses.
The Teofimo situation was not even remotely the same. That fight was closer, Teofimo was knocked down once on a flash knockdown, came back in the fight and was able to knock Kambosos down in the mid to later rounds. Devin took a 12 round beating, was knocked down 3 times, and really the fight should have been ended. I don't care that Devin is 25, I can't think of one elite fighter who was punished that bad and was able to get back to it and continue to be elite. I don't see that happening with Devin.
Not moving up in weight when he should have is destroying his punch resistance. Dude took a 12 rd beating while being drained. That's not good for your body at all, regardless of your age.

His next fight needs to be at 147, because at this point even light punching nikkas like Barboza and Martin will be trying to take his head off, let alone the actual punchers at 140.
I won't say it's destroying his punch resistance, only because Garcia is a big puncher and the biggest puncher Devin has face in his career, bar none. I do think the draining has effected him but don't think his chin losing resistance was the culprit 2 weekends ago.
He needs a long rest and re assessment. Time to graft & become better technically, study the game more.
But he is young, unsure about his social circle?
That fight last week showed the world he has rubbish ring IQ, crap defence and terrible adjustments , but he showed grit, heart & tenacity but no arsenal!
I think he has a good ring iq but I agree on the lack of adjustments.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
The Teofimo situation was not even remotely the same. That fight was closer, Teofimo was knocked down once on a flash knockdown, came back in the fight and was able to knock Kambosos down in the mid to later rounds. Devin took a 12 round beating, was knocked down 3 times, and really the fight should have been ended. I don't care that Devin is 25, I can't think of one elite fighter who was punished that bad and was able to get back to it and continue to be elite. I don't see that happening with Devin.

I won't say it's destroying his punch resistance, only because Garcia is a big puncher and the biggest puncher Devin has face in his career, bar none. I do think the draining has effected him but don't think his chin losing resistance was the culprit 2 weekends ago.

I think he has a good ring iq but I agree on the lack of adjustments.

I mean Ruiz beat the breaks off of AJ and he bounced back just fine :manny:

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Haney can't even avoid the best weapon from a C level fighter

If Devin was dried out from making 140, that means he need to take his ass to 147 as well. Ryan out here playing chess and you old nikkas is playing checkers.

If Devin thinks 3 fukking pounds is why he lost and not terrible offense and defense, then he prolly never deserved to be top ten p4p in the first place.

Chess? You've been on this Face Of Boxing/No Belts/No Weight Class since Davis vs Garcia. There's only been one fighter that's benefited from that and that's Garcia. And even as he's benefited from it, he's still catching heat from the boxing world.

I said Saturday after the fight that this was a win for the Face Of Boxing people. But it won't last long. He's going to fight again and probably get fukked up and then we'll hear how he's depressed and the fame got to him again.

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps

:what:
Fam stop it, that was not a 12 round beating. Ppl are over reacting like crazy.

Devin was up 4-1 going into the 6th after getting clobbered in the 1st, and even hurt Ryan at one point. It got to a point where Ryan was being backed up for so long the crowd was booing because all he did was back up and clinch. Dev got destroyed in the key exchanges electing to fight like a dumbass and nearly got stopped. Yet Despite that he somehow recovered and won another late round

At least one judge scored the fight a draw. He got beaten up badly, but We're not gonna sit here and pretend he didn't win a single round.

People were literally in here worried that Teo would kill himself after the Kambosos fight.

Last edited: