43 Chinese firms in Ethiopia identified as key job providers

hatealot

Banned
Daps
China is really going to be something else in the next 50 years, they are building up infrastructure all over Africa and hopefully this allows these countries to economic growth but of course with this level of infrastructure development will be a certain level of control over their economy

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
China is really going to be something else in the next 50 years, they are building up infrastructure all over Africa and hopefully this allows these countries to economic growth but of course with this level of infrastructure development will be a certain level of control over their economy
They see the practices of the West, especially the strong-arm from the IMF and the World Bank, and would rather the profit go to themselves instead.
Those who are gaining valuable skills and jobs should be able to easily export their skills into their own private enterprise, or at least somewhere into educating others.
Heavy foreign investment in a developing country never is a good thing, I sincerely hope this does not lead to permanent dependence, but I have my sincere doubts.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra

Everything has its price

Daps
They see the practices of the West, especially the strong-arm from the IMF and the World Bank, and would rather the profit go to themselves instead.
Those who are gaining valuable skills and jobs should be able to easily export their skills into their own private enterprise, or at least somewhere into educating others.
Heavy foreign investment in a developing country never is a good thing, I sincerely hope this does not lead to permanent dependence, but I have my sincere doubts.

Idk how good it'll be for local firms who produce the same goods these Chinese firms produce. I think you need tight pricing control and heavy regulations with fines so they don't kill the local economy with cheap Chinese goods. How can we trust a foreign firm with vital infrastructure projects? It sounds kind of risky.

Daps

I like what their doing but I just can't help but think these Chinese firms are cutting corners and building infrastructure that won't last. I hope these countries are holding these firms to higher standards.

hatealot

Banned
Daps
Idk how good it'll be for local firms who produce the same goods these Chinese firms produce. I think you need tight pricing control and heavy regulations with fines so they don't kill the local economy with cheap Chinese goods. How can we trust a foreign firm with vital infrastructure projects? It sounds kind of risky.
Very good point but at the same time these countries need these infrastructure to jump start their economy such as railways, ports, hospitals, and what have you to have a foundation to even begin to start talking about pricing regulation. They won't be able to compete with China in many if not most things but Africa is rich in resources and that is something I hope China doesn't monopolize but that will require a competent government who will regulate and make appropriate deals that further the interest of their people. So far I'm all for China stepping in and making these infrastructure investments.

Michael9100

The Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
houston
Very good point but at the same time these countries need these infrastructure to jump start their economy such as railways, ports, hospitals, and what have you to have a foundation to even begin to start talking about pricing regulation. They won't be able to compete with China in many if not most things but Africa is rich in resources and that is something I hope China doesn't monopolize but that will require a competent government who will regulate and make appropriate deals that further the interest of their people. So far I'm all for China stepping in and making these infrastructure investments.

Yea... and China doesn't get enough credit for the huge impact they've had on Africa's telecommunications sector....