A Challenge for IT Professionals

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
Eventually this growth will cause it to not be enough jobs available for STEM majors that want to work in IT. Before that, the wages will be driven down
what on earth are you talking about breh?:hhh: it's growth because there's more demand. there's growth in the healthcare field, does that mean it will slow down too? as long as society is driven by technology which is most likely for the next 50+ years then you really can't go wrong with tech.

se1f_made

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what on earth are you talking about breh?:hhh: it's growth because there's more demand. there's growth in the healthcare field, does that mean it will slow down too? as long as society is driven by technology which is most likely for the next 50+ years then you really can't go wrong with tech.

You’re telling me that the qualified candidates will never reach the number of jobs in demand? If so, then IT is the master plan to 100% employment and the only career choice that should be considered. What happens as automation continues to trend upwards, do you not understand how this affects the industry? What part of the increase of number of people in the industry available to work will consistently drop wages dont you understand?

Mastamimd

Ain't shyt
Daps
Reppin
Houston
If I get a decent computer I might be able to get people to learn some CAD programs. I haven't taken the test but the last time I studied for the CWSP I practiced for the Expert exam.

Juliano Soprano

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Actually hasn't started yet. I was initially planning to have sessions on HTML. But that was something I hadn't even worked on since I learned the basics in college. I tried reteaching myself through codecademy, but realized they teach you a lot a syntax but not really how to apply the knowledge for beginners. At that point I decided I would focus on SQL, something that I'm already very knowledgeable about.

THEN... I ended up getting hired for a second job as the Youth Outreach Coordinator for my city. So I haven't had time to develop the curriculum to present to the person who said I could do it. Plus this second job is taking up more time than I originally anticipated.
Bro, let’s build. Ive been thinking about doing this for years just never took the proper actions towards it. I’m a DBA, so a SQL focused program is right up my alley, I have some ideas, ready to start laying it out if you’re down.

Daps
Bro, let’s build. Ive been thinking about doing this for years just never took the proper actions towards it. I’m a DBA, so a SQL focused program is right up my alley, I have some ideas, ready to start laying it out if you’re down.
What do you have in mind?

The thing that's been slowing me down lately is that I don't have a lot of free time since I got this second job with the city.

Daps
You’re telling me that the qualified candidates will never reach the number of jobs in demand? If so, then IT is the master plan to 100% employment and the only career choice that should be considered. What happens as automation continues to trend upwards, do you not understand how this affects the industry? What part of the increase of number of people in the industry available to work will consistently drop wages dont you understand?
IT would be the least affected field by automation. In fact, it would probably create a new sub industry considering technology controls automation. Whatever coding languages best serve automation will become the most valuable skills employment wise.

se1f_made

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
IT would be the least affected field by automation. In fact, it would probably create a new sub industry considering technology controls automation. Whatever coding languages best serve automation will become the most valuable skills employment wise.
That’s a valid point, and I’m working on getting a job with a similar role. didn’t mean to derail this thread, I would like to give back eventually