ALCHEMIST: 'I HAD TO FIGURE OUT HOW NOT TO MAKE FAKE DJ PREMIER BEATS'

LevelUp

🧞πŸͺ” π™π™π™š π™‚π™šπ™£π™žπ™š 𝙀𝙛 π™©π™π™š 𝙇𝙖𝙒π™₯ 🧞πŸͺ”
Daps
On a recent episode of Complex's Goat Talk, Alchemist and Earl Sweatshirt debated the greatest Hip-Hop producers of all time.

Without hesitation, Alchemist declared DJ Premier the GOAT producer. "DJ Premier is the pinnacle," he says. "I wanted to say something wacky, but let's just stick to it."

Alchemist says that Premier's influence on his early production was incredibly strong. "I had to figure out how to not make fake Premier beats as a kid," he shared. "He was so much of an influence on me."

Earl Sweatshirt added that when Preemo's name comes up, it's impossible not to mention Madlib, Pete Rock, and RZA, to which Alchemist replies, "I can hear their influence in your production."

In other DJ Premier news, he recently released a new volume from his Beats That Collected Dust series, a compilation of his previously unreleased instrumentals that potential collaborators passed on.

β€œI like unique releases and Beats That Collected Dust is so unique," Premier said in a press release. "I also love the process of titling a project. I’ve always been responsible for titling all the projects I produce, and Beats That Collected Dust is so fitting. The format is an original tool, just like talk beds, freestyles, writing verses, and just plain listening. I decide when to release these instrumental volumes when they reach the stage of collecting dust. So here we are; Beats That Collected Dust, Vol. 3 is here and vinyl has arrived.”