Alonzo Williams says NWA helped made the gangsta lifestyle fashionable

Kyle Barker

Superstar
Daps

I know the influence of music on society is a hot debate on here. I would love to see more guys like Alonzo Williams talk about it on camera.

Last edited:

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
vlad:did yellow flip your woman?

a.w. "we all had so many women back then, and as far as i know yellow didn't try to hit on any of my main girls, he may have hit on somebody i was trying to hit on at the same time because we all kind of competed for the attention of the various women, again it's very possible but it wasn't my woman but it may have been somebody i was trying to get at" :salute:

OGs are scientific playas .... now y'all know what my screen name means :pachaha:

Last edited:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
It's true. That is why kids hardly know of Public Enemy.

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
He telling the truth; my uncles said the same thing and other older catz I know. I like chopping it up with older catz that saw the game start. My uncles did not do the gangbanging shyt; they just played with the pot and they both had an exit strategy out of the game; but gangbanging was always a protection thing but when the white flight happened in LA, that's when shyt hit the fan.

You can see that in the movie because when eazy and boy went into a piru club in west compton; it was no problems. That was before nwa blew up and the white flight; now that shyt would not happen.

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
Some people today argue that Rap isn't a significant influence in the Black community when it comes to a culture of violence, though. AW witnessed first hand the introduction of Gangsta Rap into the Black community.
I feel that it was more about the image, than the concept. Which is a direct correlation of the influence programmed by deceptive mesasures. Theres been violence in our music from James Brown to Curtis Mayfield...just not as explicit and in your face.

Gangta Rap been out since 82'...shyt its not even gangsta rap..its hood rap.

Shyt real life mafia dont even use the word gangster when describe each other, they use wiseguy..which shows you the level of ignorance and admiration because niccas wanna emulate the gangsta lifestyle...thanks to the movie Scarface..

Anyhow.

NWA just had a different sound, story and look.

Music especially rap has direct ties to the street. We know music can set the tone for life. When you have a misguided, rebellious youth, music can be used as a form of self identification and recognition, people seek to belong.

Now with being able to rep your hood trancending from just vinyl, tape to social media beef..people are in it for a dollar instead of spreading a message and having fun.

Nowdays somebody from some hood is gonna rap about killing niccas from another hood and thus you renforce the sterotype of perpetual violence.

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1914–1983
when the white flight happened in LA, that's when shyt hit the fan.

You can see that in the movie because when eazy and boy went into a piru club in west compton; it was no problems. That was before nwa blew up and the white flight; now that shyt would not happen.

Explain that to me.

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
Explain that to me.

Gangs came about to protect the community from white including the police.A lot of cities in the los angeles area were sun down towns and if you were black you would be killed; the white gangs were called spook hunters. The first black gangs of la were the slausons, farmers, business men and etc., there really was no red and blue shyt; so when the white flight happened and the whites moved out of south la, inglewood, the whole west side and they moved to the valley and towards ucla area; black gangs did not have no body to fight but themselves.

Back then gang areas had safe zone, it would be like the club, skate zone, bowling alley and etc. where catz would be like fukk it let dude slide; were trying to get these bytches and have fun. Now and after the nwa and white flight there is no safe zone just to have fun; you see your rivial, kill him