Andrew Golota couldn't do it: Will this be the first Polish Heavyweight Champion?

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
he's a college grad and used to compete in K-1

What I saw from him he looks promising so far

Good power and speed, his skills looked on place too which is not self-evident for a fighter who migrated from another combat sport eve if its kick-boxing which is the closest to pure boxing technique out of all the other combat sports. He uses his legs well and he seems to like the straight, long punches rather than hooks. His style somewhat reminds me of Wilder's but he doesn't rely that much on that straight right imo... Also he doesn't back up in a straight line which is a good thing.

Curious how he will fare against Breazeale.

morris

Superstar
Daps
What I saw from him he looks promising so far

Good power and speed, his skills looked on place too which is not self-evident for a fighter who migrated from another combat sport eve if its kick-boxing which is the closest to pure boxing technique out of all the other combat sports. He uses his legs well and he seems to like the straight, long punches rather than hooks. His style somewhat reminds me of Wilder's but he doesn't rely that much on that straight right imo... Also he doesn't back up in a straight line which is a good thing.

Curious how he will fare against Breazeale.
Anthony Joshua was able to steamroll Breazeale.

But if I see he fought Julius Long. If Izu dies not look good against Breazeale, then I will have to pass on him. I saw where he went the full distance with Julius Long. The 7-foot fighter has always been a punching bag for up-and-coming Fighters and Izu was not able to hurt him badly.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Anthony Joshua was able to steamroll Breazeale.

But if I see he fought Julius Long. If Izu dies not look good against Breazeale, then I will have to pass on him. I saw where he went the full distance with Julius Long. The 7-foot fighter has always been a punching bag for up-and-coming Fighters and Izu was not able to hurt him badly.
A KO isn't everything. I think he KD him though, not sure...
14 KO out of 17 fights... even if the competition is not the best I'm sure he isn't feather fisted

Breazeale has a chin on him, not many boxers can withstand 7 rounds with Joshua, and he will be a step up in competition for Ugonoh so he will be a good measure stick where this guy stands in the current hw division.

Tuneday

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Decent prospect, shame that Breezy will derail his hype train (at least temporarily)

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Decent prospect, shame that Breezy will derail his hype train (at least temporarily)

i actually met dude in los angeles...dude was pretty gracious even though our countryman put a whooping on his behind (femi :wow:)..his woman took the pic of both of us..good dude..that being said you know hes not going to beat another nigerian

morris

Superstar
Daps
in a rightful world andrew golota would have collected the belts from byrd and ruiz before eventually losing them to lamon...he should have been WBA and IBF heavyweight champ
He should have beat Bowe. But he was a thug

morris

Superstar
Daps

Great call. I was shocked that the flabby abd sick looking HW outlasted the six packer

Besides Vitali Klitschko, has there ever been a successful former kickboxer turned champion boxer??

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Great call. I was shocked that the flabby abd sick looking HW outlasted the six packer

Besides Vitali Klitschko, has there ever been a successful former kickboxer turned champion boxer??

Don't think so

That was my FOTY round 3 is ROTY to me thus far. Virgil was spot on in round 4 about Izu, too muscular throwing all his punches too hard. He just missed KOing Brehzaele a few times b/c his punches were coming in to wide. Gassed super fast too. Def wanna see him fight again.

morris

Superstar
Daps
Don't think so

That was my FOTY round 3 is ROTY to me thus far. Virgil was spot on in round 4 about Izu, too muscular throwing all his punches too hard. He just missed KOing Brehzaele a few times b/c his punches were coming in to wide. Gassed super fast too. Def wanna see him fight again.
I want to see a rematch