Any Glen Greenwald Readers in Here?

Melt_Man

The Power to MELT!
Daps
Surprisingly I have never seen this man's name come up in this forum. Every piece he writes leaves me :wow:

For example here is the concluding paragraph from his piece today about NBC's Star's Earn Stripes TV show that was heavily advertised during the Olympics.

"It’s actually necessary that America have a network reality show that pairs big, muscular soldiers with adoring D-list celebrities — hosted by a former Army General along with someone who used to be on Dancing with the Stars – as they play sanitized war games for the amusement of viewers, all in between commercials from the nation’s largest corporations. That’s way too perfect of a symbol of American culture and politics for us not to have."

NBC’s war for fun and profit - Salon.com

I can only read his stuff so often because I can only handle so much unadulterated ether.

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
But I don't know if any of the sonning's he's given is on the level of this...

Last edited by a moderator:

Melt_Man

The Power to MELT!
Daps
Greenwald is that dude

Right after I posted this I saw you mention Greenwald in the Lupe Fiasco thread.

And I take back the ether comment. He isn't the type to use confrontation or hyperbole. Being an ex-constitutional lawyer he makes his argument simple, succinct and its hard to dispute.