Im thinking disasters like this

giphy.gif

could happen:huhldup:

Any ideas

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

As you lift and continue to lift and add weight sooner or later you will have an accident in some form or fashion....May be a injury or over reach or you may even drop the load...It happens at times even for those who are extremely careful....even lose grip.

JoJomac

Rookie
Daps
U Powerlift
Pretty much, it's really fun. Super easy to get into as well. Just need programming knowledge, and technique refinement and you're good. Lots of really good basically free info out there on how to start training for powerlifting.

Off the Onion

No tolerance for the fatherless
Daps
Pretty much, it's really fun. Super easy to get into as well. Just need programming knowledge, and technique refinement and you're good. Lots of really good basically free info out there on how to start training for powerlifting.

What lifts do you do?

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
A friend told me I should incorporate some powerlifting moves into my workouts

Im thinking disasters like this

giphy.gif

could happen:huhldup:

Any ideas
That’s an idiot in a commercial gym attempting a high hang clean (variation of the clean portion of the clean & jerk which in an Olympic weightlifting movement) with way too much weight on the bar.

That’s not a typical movement that would be part of a powerlifting program.

JoJomac

Rookie
Daps
What lifts do you do?
I focus on the squat, bench and deadlift and close variations of those movements such as front squats, close grip bench, incline bench, deficit deadlifts, etc. and some hypertrophy/bodybuilding accessories.

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
New York City
That GIF in OP is why I never tried the Bench Press even though I been going to the gym for a few months now (Yes, I know the exercise in OP is not a bench press) In fear of having the weights fall on me, only dumbells, barbells and machines for strength training so far.

MF budz

All Star
Daps
That GIF in OP is why I never tried the Bench Press even though I been going to the gym for a few months now (Yes, I know the exercise in OP is not a bench press) In fear of having the weights fall on me, only dumbells, barbells and machines for strength training so far.
Dont put the clips on breh. That way if you start tilting bad, the weights will roll off one end then the other.