Any suggestions for some decent wireless speakers?

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Moving to a new flat (apartment) soon and want to get something to stream from my laptop, I usually just use some old desktop speakers, but I want something decent in my new place, plus desktop speakers look like shyt (my ones anyway).

Only preference I got is that I want them to be mainly black to match the kitchen tops and not too expensive, I'm looking to spend about 100 pounds (150 dollars) on them.

What are other posters working with, I've never bought any, so don't wanna get ripped off and buy something that's shyt.

Huellz Santana

Shocking
Daps
Reppin
Da city where the skinny nikkas die
I got these and they work pretty well.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/C2G-Unlimited-Wireless-Transmitter-SPK-VELO-003/dp/B0036VO2B8/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1353507908&sr=8-4&keywords=wireless+speakers]Amazon.com: C2G / Cables to Go Audio Unlimited Premium 900MHz Wireless Indoor/Outdoor 2 Speaker System with Remote and Dual Power Transmitter, Black (SPK-VELO-003): Electronics[/ame]​

McTwerk

Dreams and Nightmares
Daps
Reppin
In the Cloud
In my experience, most wireless speakers are rubbish.

You are better off buying an AV receiver that supports AirPlay, Media Center, Networking, etc and hooking up nice speakers to that.

I have the Marantz NR 1603 connected to my home network and can stream music from my laptop to it. It also has dual zones, so I can have my home theater on one zone and then secondary speakers setup in another part of the house as zone two. Plus it has a front side USB port for iPod\MP3 players (as well as front side HDMI)

I know it is a more advanced setup then the OP, but I think it is worth the investment over buying wireless speakers. Just my 2 cents...

ThaGlow

All Star
Daps
Moving to a new flat (apartment) soon and want to get something to stream from my laptop, I usually just use some old desktop speakers, but I want something decent in my new place, plus desktop speakers look like shyt (my ones anyway).

Only preference I got is that I want them to be mainly black to match the kitchen tops and not too expensive, I'm looking to spend about 100 pounds (150 dollars) on them.

What are other posters working with, I've never bought any, so don't wanna get ripped off and buy something that's shyt.

I'm using the Big Jambox and I'm loving it. Long battery life and plenty loud. It can connect to your laptop, phone, ipod, just anything with a Bluetooth capability as far as I've tested. And it has a cable for devices without Bluetooth too (though that kinda defeats the purpose of wireless speaker). The only thing is they don't come in black, the closest is gray. And its outta your price range, it'll run you $300.

video-placeholder.jpg

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
Anyone here messed with sonos? I been looking for some wireless speakers and that setup is pretty dope (although expensive)

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm using the Big Jambox and I'm loving it. Long battery life and plenty loud. It can connect to your laptop, phone, ipod, just anything with a Bluetooth capability as far as I've tested. And it has a cable for devices without Bluetooth too (though that kinda defeats the purpose of wireless speaker). The only thing is they don't come in black, the closest is gray. And its outta your price range, it'll run you $300.

video-placeholder.jpg

I saw these on amazon, I got the money, just wondering if they're worth it?

The flat has a garden as well, so it would be handy to have something I can just pick up to use outside, does it sound good? How loud are they? Good enough for a small BBQ/party?

As for setting up a network, I wouldn't have a clue where to start, I'm only looking to stream from my iTunes from my laptop, all the other stuff sounds way above my level (though I may learn how to do it one day, but at the minute all I got is a wdtv live player), plus it's not a bit apartment, so if it was playing in one room, I will more or less be able to hear it all over the house.

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

video-placeholder.jpg

Ahhh, only the small one is £140, I wonder what those are like?

Don't think I really need the big jambox for £270, I could buy Bose for that, but I'm not looking to spend that much, it's got great reviews though.

ThaGlow

All Star
Daps
I saw these on amazon, I got the money, just wondering if they're worth it?

The flat has a garden as well, so it would be handy to have something I can just pick up to use outside, does it sound good? How loud are they? Good enough for a small BBQ/party?

As for setting up a network, I wouldn't have a clue where to start, I'm only looking to stream from my iTunes from my laptop, all the other stuff sounds way above my level (though I may learn how to do it one day, but at the minute all I got is a wdtv live player), plus it's not a bit apartment, so if it was playing in one room, I will more or less be able to hear it all over the house.

For me its been worth it because it was all I really asked for (except the price). Its easy to set up, sturdy, loud, wireless, and good battery life (12 hrs).

If you are hosting a small party/bbq, its perfect. Its no replacement for an actual DJ with sound system, mind you. The bass power is lacking though. So if you really wanna turn the party out, might wanna go with traditional high power wired speakers. My house is 2100 sqft 2-story and I hear the Big Jambox fine throughout.

As for outdoors, its great. Sturdy and heavy, won't ever tip if you place it somewhere flat. Inside the apt, it can easily blend in if you're going for a sleek look, and it doesn't stand out like a sore thumb either. Quite neutral.

The main cons are the big price tag, $300. It doesn't come with a carrying case, so you'd have to figure something out, or buy one for $50 from their website. Also, I've had the Jambox for half a year and only heard distorted static during song play less times than I can count on one hand (within normal range). It is a wireless speaker, so that kind a thing is bound to happen once in a while I guess. Not all songs sound good at max volume, bass heavy songs tend to distort.

Bottom line, I'd recommend it if you wanted wireless speakers for mainly home use, occasional (or everyday) outdoor use, and moderate-loud listening. Its more than enough for personal use, and if you were playing host, it'll be plenty sufficient.

As for the original smaller Jambox, it's just okay if its really quiet. Once you hear the big one though, you won't wanna go back. Just to put it in perspective, if you're driving during the day with other cars on the road, you won't be able to hear the small Jambox even if its on max and right beside you. I tried to keep it short but couldn't, lol.

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thanks, it does sound good, just a little steep (what with moving and everything).

I'll definately keep it in mind for the future though.

Roberto Dinero

Dropped from #TnT
Daps
Reppin
The Infamous World's End Houses
Go to PC World breh.

I had a similar situation a couple of years ago and the staff there were helpful and hooked me up with some real nice speakers that came with an amp and the sound is great. I've had those speakers for like 2 years now and they still work great.

They only cost me like 35£ as well :yes:

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, just wanted to see what some posters are working with, but gonns have to hit Currys or pc world And get some solid advice from Them.

Plus if I get them from a chain shop, if any problems, I can bring them straight back, more hassle getting refunded online.

Edit: are your speakers wireless?

Roberto Dinero

Dropped from #TnT
Daps
Reppin
The Infamous World's End Houses
Yeah, just wanted to see what some posters are working with, but gonns have to hit Currys or pc world And get some solid advice from Them.

Plus if I get them from a chain shop, if any problems, I can bring them straight back, more hassle getting refunded online.

Edit: are your speakers wireless?

Yeah, definitely. But no, mines are not wireless. For some wireless it will run you a bit more dosh I think u can get some decent ones for about 50£ or so, so u will get some good ones for about half of what u wanna spend :D