Anyone here done fasted morning workout?

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
I have found both cardio and lifting are better when I eat. I can't do much of anything gym related early in the morning. I guess the final answer is to try it because everyone is different. But that shyt is not for me. I'm resting between some well fed squats at 290 right meow.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
my last meal before bed is around 930 pm. I wake up and work out around 930 am. So i go 12 hours without eating and still kill it. Pre workout meals are not needed.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
I do it every day, without pre workout, and I don't eat until I get home at nights :yeshrug:

and I'm eating low carb

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
I find I have way more energy if I skip breakfast.

Just make sure you don't eat 2 hours before bed.

If I eat before bed I'm usually starving by morning

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
This shyt makes no sense especially the bolded
agree

i absolutely hate when people drop "dont eat after" advice. eat when you want or need to eat, if that's 3 hours or 3 minutes before bed, then so be it. if you're cutting/trying to lose weight, just make sure you stick within the parameters of whatever diet you're doing and you'll be fine.

Daps
i usually do this unless im cutting and at a considerable calorie deficit

if im eating big meals then i generally workout fasted and have my first meal around 5pm.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I used to regularly run 5-6 miles straight after getting up in the morning. Football team used to have morning weightlifting workouts before breakfast too.

I feel like it decreases performance in the workout, but I'm not sure that it decreases the benefit of the workout. Like, I work out better if I've had something to eat, but if I workout after fasting I feel like I'm probably cutting fat and training my body to operate more efficiently under non-ideal circumstances. Don't know what the science would really say tough.