Anyone here take a martial arts? If so what?

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Just curious.

I took Taekwondo (brown belt), judo(just a bit), boxing, Isshin-Ryu and currently take Tang Soo Do (current senior green next belt red).

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just curious.

I took Taekwondo (brown belt), judo(just a bit), boxing, Isshin-Ryu and currently take Tang Soo Do (current senior green next belt red).
Hmm what's your favorite? I been thinking of taking up boxing to get back in shape

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Hmm what's your favorite? I been thinking of taking up boxing to get back in shape

Man I LOVED boxing but that bad boy was so brutal it was just too much punishment but I was in great shape. I would have to pick Tang Soo Do and Isshin-Ryu. Although I did Taekwondo longest (not a McDojo). Those 3 are pretty similar. Boxing has helped complement my kicks and spacing as well as head movement. Boxing man....it was something else man.

Judo was a huge eye opener though. I have the biggest respects for ground fighting and love to have it to complement striking but me personally I'd hate to end up on the ground in real life. Rocks, glass, stomped out, skull hitting concrete....not really wanna end up down there. Sick art though. But if you know what you doing you can put someone in a hurt locker.

Last edited: