Anyone sell any items on Amazon.com

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I've always used Amazon for buying stuff and Craigslist for buying somethings but damn everytime i make my items available for sale I get hit with a bunch of fukking scam artists. How does selling stuff on amazon work? Do you need to be a prime member, do you ship the items and come outta pocket with your own money...

Anyone can help me out on that? I'm looking to offload this laptop ASAP...

QamYasharahla

All Star
Daps
You don't have to be a Prime member, and I always shipped using my own money and just let the shipping cost get added to the money I would get back. You don't get the money immediately though. Amazon has set dates to disburse the money in your account to you. It's not immediate like it is after you ship on Ebay.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
You don't have to be a Prime member, and I always shipped using my own money and just let the shipping cost get added to the money I would get back. You don't get the money immediately though. Amazon has set dates to disburse the money in your account to you. It's not immediate like it is after you ship on Ebay.

OK so say I get an offer Amazon sends me the information I head over to UPS, get a box and ship it overnight, then how long does it take to get paid???

QamYasharahla

All Star
Daps
OK so say I get an offer Amazon sends me the information I head over to UPS, get a box and ship it overnight, then how long does it take to get paid???

Depends on their payment schedule. I've only sold things a few times and it's been awhile so I'm not too familiar. I think the issue you're going to run into though is that you are a new seller, so your payment is going to be delayed even more. This is from their seller's page.

When will I be paid?

Related Threads in the Seller Forums
Generally, Amazon Payments first settles your account 21 days after you register your seller account.

Subsequently, the settlement process repeats every 7 days.

For a typical order, once you confirm shipment, the sales proceeds (less applicable selling fees) will be eligible for disbursement to your bank account after 14 days. Please remember that customer refunds, shipping label purchases, A-to-z Guarantee claims, chargebacks and other fees can also reduce the amount of funds that are available in your seller account.

To illustrate this, if you sell an item on January 1, and your next disbursement date is January 3, for most orders you will be eligible to receive the funds on January 14, and they will be disbursed to you on January 16, which is your first disbursement date after the funds become eligible for disbursement.

Watch the video tutorial When Will I Be Paid?

For a disbursement to take place, you must have the following:

• A positive account balance that is greater than the amount held. Selling fees and customer refunds, if any, can affect your balance. To transfer funds, you will need to have a minimum of $1 in your account balance.

• Valid information in your seller account for a bank account located in a country supported by Amazon. For more information, see Bank Account Information.

• Valid credit card information for your seller account.
On the disbursement date, the available balance will not be paid if the credit card or bank account information on file is invalid. To verify or update your credit card or bank account information, go to Account Info in the Settings area of your seller account.

When your account is settled, a settlement report is posted in the Reports section of Seller Central and Amazon Payments transfers your funds to your bank account using an Automated Clearing House (ACH) or electronic funds transfer. It usually takes 3 to 5 business days from the time that Amazon Payments settles your account and initiates an ACH or electronic transfer before the funds arrive in your bank account.

If we determine that a seller account has been used to engage in fraud or other illegal activity, remittances and payments may be permanently withheld.

For information about why you might not have been paid, see Why Didn't I Get Paid?

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
I have a store on Amazon, so I think my setup may be different... but I get paid roughly every week. You can set up direct deposit.
If you are just selling a single item (your laptop) it might be better to sort through the scammers on craigslist until you find a legit buyer cause Amazon will take a cut. I think its around 15%

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
If anyone has a question on selling on Amazon as a cheap way to start a regular business, feel free to ask me. Half my business's sales come from Amazon.