Apple's Risky Balancing Act With the Next iPhone

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
As there always are at this time of year, there are lots of rumors out there about what the next iPhone will be. This year we're hearing that Apple is going to release a high-priced, next-generation phone in addition to the expected iPhone 7s and iPhone 7s Plus models. [...] By most accounts, Apple's next-generation iPhone will offer a similar design. But also, by many accounts, Apple is struggling to create that product -- and when it arrives, it may be expensive, late to ship, and supply constrained. This is one of those areas where Apple may be the victim of its own success. The iPhone is so popular a product that Apple can't include any technology or source any part if it can't be made more than 200 million times a year. If the supplier of a cutting-edge part Apple wants can only provide the company with 50 million per year, it simply can't be used in the iPhone. Apple sells too many, too fast. Contrast that to Apple's competition. On the smaller end, former Android chief Andy Rubin announced the Essential phone, but even Rubin admitted that he'd only be able to sell in thousands, not millions. Same for the RED Hydrogen One -- groundbreaking phone, hardly likely to sell in any volume. The Google Pixel looks like it's in the one million range. Apple's biggest competitor, Samsung, has to deal with a scale more similar to Apple's -- but it's still only expected to sell 50 or 60 million units of the flagship Galaxy S8.

Apple’s risky balancing act with the next iPhone

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
The simple fact is that you look poor with an android despite what features it has so iPhone will always be >* in first world countries.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Inches
The simple fact is that you look poor with an android despite what features it has so iPhone will always be >* in first world countries.
:mjlol: never had an iphone, and probably never will. And if that LG v30 dont have a replaceable battery, I may just get a flip phone

Colilluminati

TAMRON HALL STAN
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MiddleWest
The galaxy and the iPhone are the only phones I know . I can't even tell you the last time I looked at another phone .

not in social circles, it got smaller.

no one looks at iPhones as some kind of status symbol anymore.

If my phone ring in the store 50 people will reach for theirs . Nobody reaching for nothing else .

I had a galaxy,note,htcone and was thirsty for a Nokia Lumia to hit sprint .

I would never get another one .

bzb

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
only smartphones that are status symbols are the ones without a broken screen.

i clown family, friends, associates, colleagues, and even random strangers I see using any phone with a broken screen.

personally have stayed away from apple's "walled garden" ecosystem and everything apple approach (cables, icloud, etc). plus they're always slow adopters (wireless charging is the shyt!) but their products and software is mostly reliable and there's not twenty versions of their devices/software (android's achilles).

Daps
Reppin
St louis
coppin the 8
:jawalrus:

wat6rr.jpg