Arctic Sea Ice Levels Hit Record Low, Scientists Say We're 'Running Out Of Time'

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
I got a plan wouldn't you send some of that water to africa? I mean you can hand out some to tribes and to people so they can use it for gardening. Just a thought.

This is the express purpose of my new 501(c)3 non-profit organization, called Drag Icebergs to Zambia.
You can make a tax free donation using paypal at try@groundwater.gov

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
It was all good a few thousand years ago.

What happened? Oh, yeah, the Industrial Revolution. Another one of those 'Good Idea/Bad Idea' thingies. At least all the plastic we created will survive after us floating in the Great Garbage Patch in the middle of the Pacific.

Think Imma invest in some beachfront property on Antarctica.

Dirty_Jerz

Ethiop
Daps
Reppin
the evils of truth, and love
It was all good a few thousand years ago.

What happened? Oh, yeah, the Industrial Revolution. Another one of those 'Good Idea/Bad Idea' thingies. At least all the plastic we created will survive after us floating in the Great Garbage Patch in the middle of the Pacific.

Think Imma invest in some beachfront property on Antarctica.

:dead:

Daps
Reppin
#LWO
You're not going to stop countries like China, Russia, Pakistan, Gulf States, India, or continents like Africa and South America so it's pointless.

Overpopulation is a racist white supremacist's diversion. Overpopulation isn't destroying the planet. Brown people aren't destroying the planet. Capitalism is destroying the planet. Capitalism overproduces just to create a surplus, see: logging companies deforesting for the sake of it. Also it's frivolous overproduction of capital that uses 90% of the earth's water and is burning through fossil fuels at high speeds.

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
Overpopulation is a racist white supremacist's diversion.

I've noticed this a lot these days, whenever I see articles about India etc in the NYT Americans are quick to hop on the 'overpopulation' bandwagon

truth is contraception is a good idea but it's not going to solve everything, and it's better for people to choose less kids through education & income gain rather than have the government forcing sterilization

but yeah your other point is good too, the average american uses WAY more resources than the average asian

Daps
Reppin
#LWO
zerozero said:
but yeah your other point is good too, the average american uses WAY more resources than the average asian

^Yup. We Americans produce significantly more waste than anyone else in the world. It's a crazy number too I just can't remember it.

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
im not sure if you :troll:ing but this sounds like a half decent idea minus the logistics of it all.

I was joking,

it would be much better for africa to invest in pumping up groundwater than in using the energy cost of pulling a melting hunk of ice halfway across the world and over land where it can't be stored

even if the iceberg thing turned out to be a good idea to transport the question is about storage, plumbing and irrigation which needs to be developed either way

edit: interesting article
http://www.theatlantic.com/technolo...cesses-of-zany-iceberg-towing-schemes/243364/

Dr. Fauci

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the worst thing is there is NO political will to get anything done

It seems the peak of climate change awareness was around 07-08 and now we've actually regressed with more and more people denying climate change and others not giving a fukk because they think some magical technological discovery will save them.

I mean, we're getting closer to the breaking point yet shyt like the keystone pipeline gets approved and the government is still in the pockets of the oil industry. Meanwhile shyt that could actually help like nuclear power has horrible public perception that would need some serious fixing before anyone would even propose building some nuclear plants.

You can talk about the third world but WE are still the major contributor to greenhouse gasses and its not looking any better.

:sadcam: I aint havin any kids brehs, the future looks grim

I think about this sometimes...I think our kids will be fine. i think our grandkids are royally fukked however

And explain to me the Nuclear Power dilemna....Nuclear Plants are safer environmentally? Its bc they dont let off as much CO2 emissions? I dont know anything about it...I understand why they cant build anymore though, because who the fukk wants a nuclear power plant next to their house...

Im actually trying to work at the power plant like, half an hour from my house...I have an in, im just waiting on a call (fingers crossed).... All this energy talk recently in the news got me thinking if this plant is going to be around for awhile, or theres gonna be pressure to shut it down, or what? with the push for cleaner energy. My friend that works there told me that the plant makes 1 million dollars every day its open :gladbron: