Awaiting Trump's coal comeback, miners reject retraining

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
How can you look at Alabama and still feign surprise that these guys are stuck on stupid?

Racism has nothing to do with stupidity it's literally the most brilliant system ever created.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
Racism has nothing to do with stupidity it's literally the most brilliant system ever created.
Being ignorant demands an imaginable level of stupidity.

I am always intrigued by the people who look at the polling trying to find out the exact moment when his supporters will turn on him. White people must think they have control over their stupidity.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Peachins the food place:dwillhuh: its still open??:why:

I remember we were young and my parents drove us way out there to do some shopping.. i was :skip: it was white trash back in the late 80's. I cant imagine what it looks like now.:wow:

Back in the 80's my pops was a engineer at the VW plant near New Stanton. When the plant closed in 87 they gave some employees a choice.

1.They will give u a severence package

2. Will try to get you hired back if the plant re opens or if another buyer takes it over.

3. Will pay for you to furthur your education.

Pretty generous offers :ehh: they had a good Union.

My pops took the school route. Went back and worked bullshyt jobs while he finished up his electrical engineering degree that he started then stopped when i was born.

A good majority of people took the severence pay. But. More than you think took the option 2. They swore the plant was coming back. They banked on it. They sat on their asses for years and did NOTHING.

Eventually a buyer did come thru. SONY. Came in and made big screen tvs. I worked there for a bit after i got out the Navy.

It was a good gig but no real career. We would have old VW workers from the 80's trying to pressure Sony into hiring them but at current auto worker wages:mjlol: Sony laughed and offered them what they gave all of us 14.00 bucks a hour:umad:

I have a similar story. I used to work for Ford Motor Company. Got in through nepotism as both my folks work there. They offered buyouts. 100k or 15K a year for school for 4 years with a 40% stipend of your salary for the next two years or 15K a year for two years with 70% stipend of your salary for the next two years. I took the last one because I had already gone back to school. I was in a union meeting and the union leader, nonchalantly at that, said that while the average Ford working in Mexico makes $3 and hour, we in the states, with wages, benefits, insurance, etc, cost about $78 an hours. You don't need quick math to understand that the math is fukked to begin with. That very day, I put my ass in school. Two years later, when the buyouts started to come, I was ready, I already transitioned to a life after Ford in my head and in my preparation. My mom tells me all the time that people that took the buyouts are still coming up there trying to get a job again. A damn decade has passed, lol. You should never be afraid to bet on yourself when opportunity presents itself. Never.

℃ertifed

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
What I don't understand about these folks is how there aren't at least a handful of community/union organizers who have some common sense to help these people understand how they have continually hurt their own interest. There has to be someone amongst them who can speak the right language to help them help themselves.
This is why Bernie rants about "identity politics"

:scust:

@GzUp @wire28 @Atlrocafella @Blessed Is the Man @ezrathegreat @Jello Biafra @humble forever @Darth Nubian @88m3 @GinaThatAintNoDamnPuppy!

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
I lived in southwest pa, alehgany, Fayette county. I was managing a packing plant, and I can tell you that these people are very poor, very uneducated, very affected by the opioid epidemic, and this was a decade+ ago. These people will not accept retraining, and they will not even take the coal jobs if they by miracle come back. This is a dead area, and they have embraced poverty, with no help can be provided other than welfare. Fayette county is, no lie, on par with Appalachia. Anybody that lived anywhere close, knows about Peachin's, it's a white trash complex, can't really describe it.

My gosh. :wow:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Fentanyl needs to do the rest of America a favor and just finish off these dying middle america cacs...

Just the dumbest most useless people on the fukking planet...