Bellator ready to deal Ben Askren

Mad Good Dro

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"I don't think we're going to make an offer at this point," Bjorn Rebney, Bellator MMA chairman and CEO, told ESPN.com. "So I don't see any reason to make anybody sit out.

UFC president Dana White confirmed his interest in speaking with Ben Askren.
"If Ben's going to go to the UFC, we should speed up that process so he can go fight. I'd love to see Ben versus GSP," Rebney added, referring to Georges St-Pierre.

UFC president Dana White confirmed his interest in speaking with Askren, a member of the 2008 U.S. men's Olympic freestyle wrestling team before entering MMA the next year.

Due in large part to his suffocating "funky" wrestling style honed at the University of Missouri, Askren, 29, hasn't faced much trouble through 12 pro contests. The last one on July 31, Askren's ninth with Bellator, brought about a thumping of Russian Andrey Koreshkov, and kicked off the champion's apparently not-so-restricted free agency.

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/9587583/bellator-ready-deal-welterweight-ben-askren-ufc?src=mobile

The Infamous

Vocabulary.spills.I'm.ill
Daps
If only we could get chandler or Alvarez or curran in the ufc, couldn't care less about askren.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
If only we could get chandler or Alvarez or curran in the ufc, couldn't care less about askren.

Alvarez is a possibility. Chandler and I believe Curran as well have signed long term deals with the promotion.

The Infamous

Vocabulary.spills.I'm.ill
Daps
Alvarez is a possibility. Chandler and I believe Curran as well have signed long term deals with the promotion.

Damnnnn breh I heard, I really want to see chandler vs the top ufc LWs. He has championship potential.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Damnnnn breh I heard, I really want to see chandler vs the top ufc LWs. He has championship potential.

Me too. A shame that the UFC has all of the top LW's on lock. At least Curran has a lot of quality FW's to fight.

Change

All Star
Daps
They'll force Askren to sit a year. He has a year matching clause. He'll have to sit a year just based on principle because of shytty the Bellator contract is. He won't negotiate because he'll get fukked if he tries. That's what happened to Eddie.

He'll have to sit out a year of his prime due to the scum bag nature of the contract.

Willy Waffle

Willy Da Waffleman
Daps
Reppin
#GIANTS #KNICKS #RANGERS
They'll force Askren to sit a year. He has a year matching clause. He'll have to sit a year just based on principle because of shytty the Bellator contract is. He won't negotiate because he'll get fukked if he tries. That's what happened to Eddie.

He'll have to sit out a year of his prime due to the scum bag nature of the contract.

i can't see this going the alvarez route. helluva fighter askren is but he's not the most entertaining fighter out there by danas standards. bellator can match any offer given to askren, i think bellator will try to drive up the price for ufc to sign askren, but to the ufc, is askren really worth big time money? i don't think so.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Outside of a fight with GSP( and even that is :ehh: ) I dont see any upside of Dana signing Askren. He is the prototypical fighter that Dana always bytches about on twitter, post media scrums, etc

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Wasnt he and dana in some tweeter feud a while ago? the ufc arent interested in askren, they are just trying to fukk with bellator.And in return bellator are trying to act like askren is just another 1 of their guys. They know the way their contracts are constructed, nobody pulls a lombard unless they allow for it