Best Glute & Hamstring Excercises

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Alright to make a long story short basically over the winter while squatting I injured my knee where now it causes a crack in the knee when it goes into deep flexion. My orthopedist called it poor tracking of the patella in my right knee.

So the PT I have been seeing these past two weeks has me really working on loosing out my hip flexors and ankles. But also strengthening my hamstrings & glutes. But after my last final on Friday I'm planning to finally get back to the gym on the Monday after.

I plan on going back to my Upper lower split. But obviously at this point my PT has said to avoid knee dominant movements. So definitely can do conventional deads, rdl's, hip thrusts and lateral walk with a band. Plus core & ab work to help fix my anterior pelvic tilt.

Is there anything I should definitely add to my lower body lifts since I can't do any kind of squat, lunge or step up yet with weights?

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
DLs are not knee dominant are they? RDLs and leg curls are the GOAT hamstring combo. You will hit all 3 heads. I don't know what else you can do that will load the hip hinged heads in any meaningful way. Mite just wanna hold off on everything until your knee is sorted out :mjcry:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
DLs are not knee dominant are they? RDLs and leg curls are the GOAT hamstring combo. You will hit all 3 heads. I don't know what else you can do that will load the hip hinged heads in any meaningful way. Mite just wanna hold off on everything until your knee is sorted out :mjcry:

I don't think deads are since obviously it mainly works the posterior chain. I mean there is some knee involvement but it never had my knee cracking like it did on squats. I'll try it when I get back to the gym and see how my knee feels from it.

I know I can't truly work my legs without squats, lunges or any knee/quad dominant movement. I have been away from the gym for more then a month, so I gotta back at it somehow. I will probably focus more on body weight stuff to get my glutes and hamstrings stronger and activated. It really sucks but I gotta make the best out of the circumstance.

MillionMills

Superstar
Daps
My PT has me doing hip thrusts and RDL to help with my poor glute activation and anterior pelvic tilt