Best Lower Lat Exercises?

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
Like for the lower back but also that lower part of the lat just above the lower back?

I have a little bit of an imbalance as well where my right lat is more developed than the left, especially at the bottom....so isolation exercises would be ideal as well.

If anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it.

@Luck @nikkahs B. Wildin @Nutritious Quata' Water

can't think of other names right now

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Put a single hand handle on any of the lat pull down machines and sit sideways then do pull downs with your elbow flared out to the side. Pull all the way down.

Stand with the cables all the way at the top and do straight arm pull downs, the exact opposite movement of lateral raises for delts. Depending on how tall you are, you might have to do them ya knees like I do

Wide grip bend over rows are good for that area overall too but if it's just a minor imbalance that's common breh. Not really nothing to worry about like that,

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Range of motion is everything. I like lat pulldowns with the W bar. I go from full extension to pulling the bar down to my chest and squeeeeeeezing at the bottom.

I like the W bar over everything else. Too narrow or too wide, your elbows go through a shorter range of motion. You want your elbows to travel through the longest route possible (within reason of course)

semtex

:)
Daps
Put a single hand handle on any of the lat pull down machines and sit sideways then do pull downs with your elbow flared out to the side. Pull all the way down.

Stand with the cables all the way at the top and do straight arm pull downs, the exact opposite movement of lateral raises for delts. Depending on how tall you are, you might have to do them ya knees like I do

Wide grip bend over rows are good for that area overall too but if it's just a minor imbalance that's common breh. Not really nothing to worry about like that,
Never thought of that first one :leon:

Romanian deadlifts can be the GOAT back exercise if you do them right

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Like for the lower back but also that lower part of the lat just above the lower back?

I have a little bit of an imbalance as well where my right lat is more developed than the left, especially at the bottom....so isolation exercises would be ideal as well.

If anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it.

@Luck @nikkahs B. Wildin @Nutritious Quata' Water

can't think of other names right now

When you say imbalance do you mean physically weaker or smaller? If it's as strong by just aesthetically smaller some people are built like that and sometimes they can change. If it's weaker doing single hand lat pull downs and single arm cable rows and such will even them out

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
When you say imbalance do you mean physically weaker or smaller? If it's as strong by just aesthetically smaller some people are built like that and sometimes they can change. If it's weaker doing single hand lat pull downs and single arm cable rows and such will even them out

I think the difference aesthetically (i.e. smaller) is more prominent perhaps than the difference in strength, but I do also believe that my right side is stronger anyway so I've been trying to do isos and let the left side catch up (so I'm not maxing out on my right side as a result).

With single hand lat pull downs, is there a better grip to do? underhand/overhand? any advice to form a better muscle-mind connection?

@Luck thanks for the advice man. When you say flare out to the side....like 45 degrees?

thanks to the rest of y'all as well

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I think the difference aesthetically (i.e. smaller) is more prominent perhaps than the difference in strength, but I do also believe that my right side is stronger anyway so I've been trying to do isos and let the left side catch up (so I'm not maxing out on my right side as a result).

With single hand lat pull downs, is there a better grip to do? underhand/overhand? any advice to form a better muscle-mind connection?

@Luck thanks for the advice man. When you say flare out to the side....like 45 degrees?

You'll want to do a combination of overhand. Underhand and hammer grip if you can.

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

I lean away tho so I can get the full range of motion and hit the lat from a different angle than normal but this is the way to do it

Inspect Her Deck

Daps

I lean away tho so I can get the full range of motion and hit the lat from a different angle than normal but this is the way to do it

thanks man that's helpful

interesting how he used the standard overhand grip, I woulda thought it would be better underhanded but idk.

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
thanks man that's helpful

interesting how he used the standard overhand grip, I woulda thought it would be better underhanded but idk.

He doin an instructional video so he using standard but he most likely switches it up as you should with any exercise