Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Bill Gates criticizes 'America first rhetoric' ahead of Trump meeting
BY HARPER NEIDIG - 03/15/18 11:49 AM EDT 113
bill_gates.jpg

© Getty Images
Bill Gates criticized President Trump’s foreign policy rhetoric hours before his meeting with the president on Thursday, promising to make the case for increased foreign aid.

During a Q&A session at a Politico event, the Microsoft founder said that U.S. international aid has done a lot of good.

“I don’t agree with the America first rhetoric,” he said. “We have made the world a stable, more richer place, and I think that’s good just from a pure humanitarian point of view.”

Gates met with Trump and visited the Capitol around this time last year, arguing against proposed budget cuts to programs like those aimed at containing HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria in developing countries.

Gates, a prolific philanthropist, said on Thursday that he plans to keep up that advocacy in his afternoon meeting with the president.

“I’ll take his framework and explain why things like health security and continued foreign aid, even in that narrow framework, where you give no credit for saving lives in Africa, kind of pure humanitarian things, even without that, this is money well spent,” he said.

Bill Gates criticizes 'America first rhetoric' ahead of Trump meeting

Shogun

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Also, are we agreeing with this?

“I don’t agree with the America first rhetoric,” he said. “We have made the world a stable, more richer place, and I think that’s good just from a pure humanitarian point of view.”/QUOTE]

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Also, are we agreeing with this?
We have

BUT...this is a man trying think positive without delving into the negativity of the politics.

This is why he's just Bill Gates and not Senator or Congressman or Governor or even Mayor Bill Gates