Official CryptoCurrency Thread (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum & More)

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
offline (cold storage) is for long term holding. There are tons of videos breaking it down.

As far as other cryptos, most of them have a GUI wallet. Just search and see what wallet options are available to them. How are you acquiring? BTC and then buying on an exchange like Polo?
Yeah I was gonna transfer BTC from coinbase to Polo, but apparently Poloniex is banned in NY because they don't have the license.

Not really sure what my options are now. Is there a legit exchange that has these other currencies or do I have to mess with a VPN?

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
Does anyone use Gemeni? Is that a good exchange to use?

I want to diversify myself amongst the currencies and the wallets, exchanges, etc. that I will be using.

New Username

Staff Member
Supporter
Daps
Does anyone use Gemeni? Is that a good exchange to use?

I want to diversify myself amongst the currencies and the wallets, exchanges, etc. that I will be using.

I do occasionally

The lengths you have to go through to get verified :snoop:

So far my set up is

Changelly/Shapeshift for conversions
Coinbase for easy purchases and exchanges
Gemini for big exchanges
Jaxx.io for holding multiple wallets without having to sync
Desktop wallets because some aren't approved by Jaxx.io or other wallets service for holding coins

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
I do occasionally

The lengths you have to go through to get verified :snoop:

So far my set up is

Coinbase for easy purchases
Gemini for big exchanges
Jaxx.io holding multiple wallets without having to sync
Desktop wallets some aren't approved by Jaxx.io or other wallets service for holding coins

Some of these sites say they don't take long to verify, but it's taking almost a damn week just to verify so I can put a few grand (all it will let me at this level) into some currency.:what:.

I just transferred $6,000 from my Fidelity account into my checking, with the hopes of transferring it into coinebase or another site, but these limits suck.:why:,

New Username

Staff Member
Supporter
Daps
Some of these sites say they don't take long to verify, but it's taking almost a damn week just to verify so I can put a few grand (all it will let me at this level) into some currency.:what:.

I just transferred $6,000 from my Fidelity account into my checking, with the hopes of transferring it into coinebase or another site, but these limits suck.:why:,

man :snoop: I feel your pain

The limits are in place because of the increasing popularity of CCs and a lot of people are trying to cash in...it also helps the govt identify you when you purchase coins.

Did you upload a picture of your ID thats the only way you'll be able to increase your spending/buying limits in the US.

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
man :snoop: I feel your pain

The limits are in place because of the increasing popularity of CCs and a lot of people are trying to cash in...it also helps the govt identify you when you purchase coins.

Did you upload a picture of your ID thats the only way you'll be able to increase your spending/buying limits in the US.

Yes, I uploaded my ID to a few sites. I believe Coinbase and Kraken. It's Kraken that is taking forever to verify.

Coinbase verified for me, but the limits are what sucks right now.

New Username

Staff Member
Supporter
Daps
Yes, I uploaded my ID to a few sites. I believe Coinbase and Kraken. It's Kraken that is taking forever to verify.

Coinbase verified for me, but the limits are what sucks right now.

try gemini tbh

i had the same issue with Kraken which is why i took my talents to Gemini

Gemini took about a day or two to verify all my information

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
try gemini tbh

i had the same issue with Kraken which is why i took my talents to Gemini

Gemini took about a day or two to verify all my information

With Gemini, can you purchase the coins with a CC or bank transfer, or do you have to use coins to buy coins?

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Monero GUI has just been released so it might see a slight jump today.

Last edited:

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
The idea is to buy slowly and spread out risk among several different types of cryptos that you think have potential.

I would tread lightly at the moment since btc, monero and eth are at all time highs. They can go higher, but I am willing to bet it will go back down in a few days.

This is absolute nonsense. By diversifying in alt coins you are only INCREASING your risk.

Don't get me wrong it also increase the potential reward but if you are looking for the less risky play then it only makes sense to invest in the longest running, most robust protocol and that is Bitcoin.

Daps
This is absolute nonsense. By diversifying in alt coins you are only INCREASING your risk.

Don't get me wrong it also increase the potential reward but if you are looking for the less risky play then it only makes sense to invest in the longest running, most robust protocol and that is Bitcoin.

I'm not sure you understand how "risk" works. Diversifying ALWAYS reduces risk becauses total failure is then dependent on multiple separate things failing. If everything doesn't fail then you don't lose everything. Investing in a single item increases risk because your entire investment is dependent on the success of one item.

Your confidence in Bitcoin doesn't change the fundamental definition of risk. It's all still just speculation, even with Bitcoin.