Mad Good Dro

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:wtf: :childplease:

bj-penn-150x150.jpg
Former UFC Lightweight and Welterweight Champion BJ Penn hung up his gloves in December after losing to Rory MacDonald via unanimous decision. It wasn’t the first time he retired, following a loss to Nick Diaz the previous year he also gave retirement a try. He came back.

It’s been seven months since the fight against MacDonald and this week Penn spoke about the possibility of making another return to the Octagon:
“I’m still just hanging out, honestly. At this moment, my guess is probably a little better than yours, but I don’t know. I’m enjoying what I’m doing. I am training. I’m starting to train a bit more, for my health a lot. I’m a fighter, I’m a fighter deep inside. If I felt it, if it ever comes back — not saying that it’s gone — I don’t know.

You know how being a fighter is, your mind changes from time-to-time. Of course I’m looking, Anderson (Silva) he’s 39 and he’s in there fighting, I’m like ‘I’m 34, why can’t I fight again?’ It’s gotta be right. There’s no sense in me going back into the Octagon and getting beat up in front of everybody, that just doesn’t make any sense.”

Would you like to see Penn make a return?

source:mmanews

IronFist

🎯 𝓘𝓵𝓵𝓾𝓼𝓽𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓓𝓪𝓻𝓽 🎯
Supporter
Daps
mad bj penn sound like a straight sucker

Jutt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Dude should just stick to the BJJ/grappling circuit to stay active.

ADCC is coming up :blessed:

The Infamous

Vocabulary.spills.I'm.ill
Daps
If he feels good and is training well, I wouldn't mind a comeback. Only at LW though, dude is way too small for WW.

I have tons of respect for BJ, he would fight anyone, regardless of division.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think you're misinterpreting what he's saying. I doubt he's afraid of taking physical punishment, its more that he doesn't want to embarrass himself in front of people by taking a beatdown and looking like he doesn't belong in the ring. Which he has in his last two fights.

I love watching BJ fight, but I don't want to see him take another beatdown either. If he comes back, he needs to go back to lightweight and see how he does there.

Willy Waffle

Willy Da Waffleman
Daps
Reppin
#GIANTS #KNICKS #RANGERS
thats like me saying i wanna win the mega million but i don't want to buy no damn ticket lol. bj need to stay where he at, he took a helluva ass whippin from diaz and looked shot. personally, i always felt he'd be one helluva trainer.

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
BJ was always a guy I thought was a frontrunner. He was an absolute killer when things were going his way, but when met with resistance he folded. If he comes back LW should be his goal.

bertyr

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
BJ isn't afraid of physical pain its the bruising of his ego from not being the prodigy anymore. His boxing is amazing i think if he focused on cardio and kicking/kicking defense he'd be a contender still.