Black HIStory: The complete Temisan Adoki discography thread (1997-2015)

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Hello y'all. I wanted to make a thread to promote my music and specifically have an online archive for me material. I did this on the Resident Advisor forums shortly before they were removed when the site was redone.

My name is Temisan Adoki. You might know me as @*L*E*G*A*C*Y*
This is my legacy.

I'll start this thread off with my self-released anthology of music entitled "Music For Movies" which covers a brief selection of recorded material from the first track I ever recorded back in 1997 at 13 years old to 2012.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
The second selection I have for tonight is a collection of analog produced tracks from 2010. This is simply entitled "Analog Tracks".

This was made using a Korg microkorg xl, native instruments machine for the drums, and recorded onto a tascam 8 track recorder. I just uploaded this to my bandcamp earlier today.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
The fourth and final selection I have for tonight is another collection of old material entitled "The Evidence 02-03". With that said I'll share the story behind this collection.

This collection of tracks were for two albums I made back in 2002-2003. The first part with the exception of Pir 1 Kid was for an album called "Transplant.Map". The second was for "Deconstruction Method Part 2" which is now impossible to find as it was self released in limited numbers and I have none of those left. I recorded these during my freshman year of college.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Two tracker. This is the "Chandeliers" ep...

Used samples on both of these tracks....made from 2012-2013...
Fits in with the old school cover (designed by myself)

Daps
Reppin
VOID
This is my latest album of brand new material though...entitled "Holographic Timephase" from November of last year.

I remember I introduced this in the tunnel after I made it and it was not received welll.
This was me experimenting. I wanted to do something that bridged the gap between lp-fi and hi-fi. That was kind of disorienting at times...where it was hard to even discern where and when certain parts of it were made. With kind of a retro feel to it bust still futuristic. Complete with glitches, distortion, weird vocals, and some other surprises.

Genre wise this goes from shoe gaze type funk to vapor waves to mutant jungle to techno to ambient.

The last track is from 2012.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
This EP is called "8000" from 2013.

Really this is where the seeds of the foundation for "Holographic Timephase" came from and you can hear it in the tracks "Kapkom" and "Violent".
One of the best tracks I feel I ever made is on here and that's "Uberfuct"...a venture into Dub Techno from myself. I aim to kind of make alternate world's with my music. It's like I feel I have so many different influences but if you heard what I listen to and then listen to the music I make you wouldn't be really able to make the connection...but whatever.

Btw...All of these can be downloaded for free.

Eventually I would like to press certain albums of mine to vinyl in limited runs.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
I made and recorded this one in the spring of 2006.

This was under a very shortlived alias I made called "Sect"

8 actually remember posting this on SOHH back in the day to mixed reviews.
I used Native Instruments Kontakt, Reaktor, and Ableton to make this album. Recorded it on a sound recorder on my Sony Vaio Desktop that I had at the time.
I ended up putting it on archive.org and when the bones of holding became relatively popular put it for download on all in the family in 2012.

I can't believe I made this almost a decade ago...lol.

Influences on this one are mostly dub reggae oriented with some ambient and acid techno.

Daps
Reppin
VOID

And here is a live dj set from myself on WRCT 88.3FM from 2009. This is just the first hour and a half...I had more recordings of the sets I did on the station from back then but when my old portable had crashed I lost all of them. I put them up for download on Strictly Riddim back in the day...I can only hope some people out there still have copies of them lol.

Here the tracklist...
Tracklist
J.Spaceman- ??
Dave Bernabo Assembly- The Sweetest Thing
J.Spaceman- ??
Ticklah vs. Axelrod- Two Face
Viberts/Simmonds- Open-File
Rainer Weichold- Hamsterdam
Studio 1- Gold 1
Akufen- Deck The House
The Wise Caucasian- Sac Maquique
Housemeister- Gorrilla Marketing
Little Ruby- Burnin' Up
Hakan Lidbo- Trinity
Thomas Schaeben- Busted
T.Raumschmiere- Dual Kanal
Gescom- Dan One
Ricardo Villalobos- Electronic Water
Robert Babicz- Zero (Original Mix)
Gregor Tresher- Black Rain (Gregor Tresher Remix)
Puzique- Chemie

Daps
Reppin
VOID
BTW...id like to give a shout out to some of my favorite producers on this board....

@BrothaZay
@Cole Cash
@TEKBEATZ
@Doobie Doo
@SexJesus

Shouts to all the beat makers in the tunnel...
Shouts to all my nikkas in Pittsburgh
Shouts to all my Brooklyn nikkas
Shouts to all my fans and followers
Shouts to my family

Btw...here is the new sound cloud
Http://soundcloud.com/temisanadoki

And my YouTube channel featuring my favorites section that I try to update as much as possible.
Http://youtube.com/strictlyriddim

And follow me on twitter...
Http://twitter.com/temisanadoki

And ofcourse....I got to rep the one the only Bones Of Houdini...
Http://thebonesofhoudini.tumblr.com

Daps
Reppin
VOID
This one was probably the most fun to make though...

This one is a curveball of sorts...rather than focus on some abstract experimental stuff this is all pretty much club and hip-hop type beats. This has the most amount of samples I've ever used in one single record...like I usually don't do stuff like this, but I did cause I can. Lots of different influences on this one ranging from Baltimore/Philly/Jersey Club to trap to Soca to bounce to ghetto tech and everything in between.

The samples on this include: Kraftwerk, Mike Jones, Daft Punk, Lil Jon, Musical Youth, Praga Khan, Eric B and Rakim, South Park, Strider, Da Hool, Neno, Tomita, Cutty Ranks, Maury Povich, Goodfellas, and The Madd Rapper.

From 2013

Last edited: