Body Language will tell you everything

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
(i posted this thread on boxingscene smh)

I noticed that kovalev constantly bending down to ward (no pun) off the body shots, and his constant begging to the ref for assistance said alot to me. Ricky Hatton took matters into his own hands when Tszyu dished him a low one to send a message. When Kovalev turned around that did it for me, when you turn away from a fighter youre looking for someone to save you. Mentally Kovalev seems to be out of his element when he cant simply knock you out. You have to make a guy like ward PAY for his transgressions, guys like mayweather hopkins, chavez mastered this stuff, being cagey while knowing where the ref is and engaging.

Kovalev isnt the beast we thought he was, he was just another above average fighter with great knock out power, what seperates good from great is when everything isnt stacked in your favor and you do something about it. Even mayweather wont let you get away with stuff like this (see victor ortiz)

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
(i posted this thread on boxingscene smh)

I noticed that kovalev constantly bending down to ward (no pun) off the body shots, and his constant begging to the ref for assistance said alot to me. Ricky Hatton took matters into his own hands when Tszyu dished him a low one to send a message. When Kovalev turned around that did it for me, when you turn away from a fighter youre looking for someone to save you. Mentally Kovalev seems to be out of his element when he cant simply knock you out. You have to make a guy like ward PAY for his transgressions, guys like mayweather hopkins, chavez mastered this stuff, being cagey while knowing where the ref is and engaging.

Kovalev isnt the beast we thought he was, he was just another above average fighter with great knock out power, what seperates good from great is when everything isnt stacked in your favor and you do something about it. Even mayweather wont let you get away with stuff like this (see victor ortiz)
I think most of this is false. I don't think he can't box if he can't knock you out. We've seen him go 12 rounds with experienced boxers. The problem with Kovalev is a combination of things: too many outside distractions, Ward being too experienced, and Kovalev having self doubt. I think Kovalev became obsessed with why his energy output depleted in the first fight, and this put doubt in his head coming into the fight. In every single prefight interview, Kovalev keeps talking about his energy depleting. It's like he wasn't even convinced himself that he won the first fight. Andre is very smart and he got into Kovalev head to give him more self doubt. I think Kovalev wanted to prove that he was an elite BOXER, which he is, and not some mindless brawler. He saw Ward as that measuirng stick. Losing to Ward hurt his pride the first fight. Losing via TKO this time is probably going to ruin his career. He is a prideful person...and when prideful people begin to have self doubt they crumble. He is going to have to do a lot of soul searching before getting back in the ring.

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
I think most of this is false. I don't think he can't box if he can't knock you out. We've seen him go 12 rounds with experienced boxers. The problem with Kovalev is a combination of things: too many outside distractions, Ward being too experienced, and Kovalev having self doubt. I think Kovalev became obsessed with why his energy output depleted in the first fight, and this put doubt in his head coming into the fight. In every single prefight interview, Kovalev keeps talking about his energy depleting. It's like he wasn't even convinced himself that he won the first fight. Andre is very smart and he got into Kovalev head to give him more self doubt. I think Kovalev wanted to prove that he was an elite BOXER, which he is, and not some mindless brawler. He saw Ward as that measuirng stick. Losing to Ward hurt his pride the first fight. Losing via TKO this time is probably going to ruin his career. He is a prideful person...and when prideful people begin to have self doubt they crumble. He is going to have to do a lot of soul searching before getting back in the ring.

i understand what you are saying, im simply saying this, kovalev is good, not great, period. he didnt do what the other great fighters (sans hatton) do when youre in that position

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
i understand what you are saying, im simply saying this, kovalev is good, not great, period. he didnt do what the other great fighters (sans hatton) do when youre in that position
I think he is in a situation where he wasn't taught how to fight this kind of fighter. That doesn't mean he isn't great.