Boxing Fans: Let's Discuss this Quote from a Coli Member

yo moms

drunk
Daps
:childplease:and you wanna knock Alis fundamentals and technique:laff:...u gottta be kidding me with that.

Let me break the news to you but Henry Armstrong will never be held in regards of Ali for all the same reasons Bill Russell won't be held in the same esteem is Jordan,Magic,Kobe,Birdand probaly eventually Lebron....nikkas wuz still listenin to that shyt on the radio back then:russ:...but no seriously u will never cconvince many people the level of competetion back then was all that stiff.:comeon:...and I'm one of those people,I hate to call it a joke in comparison but:manny:...they were soldiers back in them old fights that's all I can say but far as skill it looked like Rocky and Apollo Creeds slugfest in most those old clips.

And as far as classic moments he's fukin wit Ali:rudy:....I understand he's at a disadvantage due to ali coming up in an era where it wuz more accesible and bigger but facts is facts....now if u wanna use lack of competitors as a knock on Jay like I'm doing against Henry Armstrong make ur argument,if u wanna say Jay got an upperhand becuz he came up in a era where hiphop wuz at its most accesible make ur argument....but this "people only call him the goat becuz he said so" is sum straight horeshyt in regards to both Ali and Jay....not to diminish his accomplishments but if I gave u a month ud have a fighting chance against Armstrong....train for a month to fight Ali and he whuppin ya behind and talkin shyt while he doin it:why:...historians give armstrong the respect he should get based off the stats alone,people who look at influence,impac on the sport,quality of opponents,longevity,championships,skill all put Ali right up there at the top....not many fukin wit Jay in that regard,u can't be a stat geek with this music shyt and if are crunch them numbers again cuz they dont lie:mjpls:

Pac goat of rap,Ali goat of boxing

So we could all have a chance against Henry Armstrong if we just trained for a month. :dwillhuh:

I'm done.

yo moms

drunk
Daps
You want to try and tell me there's no skills involved in this fight? :dead:

You must not know what you are looking at buddy.

Last edited by a moderator:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Its the unfortunate curse of old time fighters not to benefit from having a TV medium regularly to back up their greatness....but winning titles in 3 divisions when there were only 8 is a huge accomplishment....and no non fighter is training a month and think they can beat a pro never mind a legend in his prime

Kobes Two Jerseys

8 or 24 best player of the era
Daps
Reppin
Fistful of jewels
A month huh? Just to have a chance huh. Give me a month and a day and I'm knocking him out faster than Mike did Spinks.

That was by far, the dumbest comment on boxing I've ever read.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
This guy better not show his face in this forum :patrice:

I dont take serious ANY talk about boxing from a poster who doesnt regularly post in this forum:yeshrug:

A lot of people are seriously lacking in knowledge about the sweet science, im not bert sugar (rip) myself, but I know a lil bit.

Bottomline is, most people dont know anything about boxing. Especially talking down on Henry Armstrong who, besides Ali and Sugar Ray Robinson, is one of the only 3 fighters who can be called the GOAT legitimately