Brett Ratner to remake Bruce Lee’s ‘Enter The Dragon’?

Numero Deux

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens
For the life of me - I don't understand why the can't leave the classics alone.

y5GKqwU.gif

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Native of the NYC, getting fed in the Big D!
l-202x300.jpg

Yes, you read it right: Brett Ratner wants to remake Bruce Lee’s Enter The Dragon, the 1973 kung fu classic about a martial artist (Lee) who agrees to spy on a reclusive crime lord (Shih Kien) using his invitation to a tournament there as cover.

AICN reports that Ratner mentioned this idea at a recent screening of Rush Hour and reassured everyone that he is not trying to find the next Bruce Lee. Instead, he wants his film to be a ‘reimagining of Robert Clouse’s iconic showcase for Lee’s talents’.

What do you think of this news? Who would you like to see play Bruce, Shih, John Saxon, Jim Kelly, Bob Wall, Angela Mao and Bolo’s role? Share your thoughts in the comments section

source: cityonfire.com
:deadmanny: Oh, my damn...

Do not fukk with the Holy Grail of martial arts films.

Marl0 Stanfield

Yeshua Ben YHWH
Daps
Reppin
Ojala
I would only accept an Enter The Dragon remake from Tarantino starring Donnie Yen. And no, not no Tarantino Presents bullshyt, I want it written and directed by Tarantino with Donnie as Bruce, Jamie Foxx as Jim Kelly, Gosling or DiCaprio as John Saxon, n Jet Li as Han.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
I would only accept an Enter The Dragon remake from Tarantino starring Donnie Yen. And no, not no Tarantino Presents bullshyt, I want it written and directed by Tarantino with Donnie as Bruce, Jamie Foxx as Jim Kelly, Gosling or DiCaprio as John Saxon, n Jet Li as Han.
:ehh:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:ehh:....might be work with Tarantino. @ Jamie Foxx and DiCaprio/Gosling :patrice:....wouldn't be better to have Michael Jai White as Jim Kelly?

Marl0 Stanfield

Yeshua Ben YHWH
Daps
Reppin
Ojala
:ehh:....might be work with Tarantino. @ Jamie Foxx and DiCaprio/Gosling :patrice:....wouldn't be better to have Michael Jai White as Jim Kelly?
If he dropped the roids for a minute. But he's not a big enough draw, cuz u already have Donnie Yen who's known to us but not that well known, but it would be just like with Bruce where the OG flick was his big American showcase. I don't know about Michael Jai White's dedication to a role, but I know 3 things about Foxx:
1. He's werked with Tarantino before.
2. He's a box office draw, even more so with Tarantino.
3. He walked around with his fukking eyes glued shut and won an Oscar for it.

And I suggested Gosling or DiCaprio cuz Saxon's character was a handsome playboy who was fukking laughably amateurish with his martial arts compared to Jim n Bruce. I think Tarantino could make that role a kind of wink and nod sarcastic a$$hole slight parody of Saxon.

Broseph, imagine a Tarantino style backstory for each character in the flashbacks. Imagine the heroin operation reveal Tarantino style. fukking Jet Li trying to convince Jamie Foxx to help him pimp asian hoes n sell d0pe.

That jrkoff Jason Statham as Bob Wall's character.