Bricks-and-mortar shopping could be about to change forever

BushidoBrown

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
if everyone is coding then the value of coding skills drop. y'all gonna be out there like mexicans in front of a home depot. i know java ... i know sql ... i got them python skills over here.
Then learn another in demand skill, and so on

the point of my post is i was saying arm urself with some type of more specialized skill than being a cashier or sales clerk in a dept store

if u dont continue to evolve with the times u will be left behind

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps

the point of my post is i was saying arm urself with some type of more specialized skill than being a cashier or sales clerk in a dept store

Automation gonna crush that in the next 15 to 20 years. There are simply too many people in America for everyone to do that and earn a decent wage.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Wont that potentially lead to another version of some dystopian society where nobody puts forth any effort to elevate themaelves or anything around them cause there is no incentive?

Automation killed that. Instead of having "pull yourself by the bootstraps" Republican mindset, have a mindset of, "If every other first world country have shorter work hours, universal healthcare, better quality of life, less stress, and easier cost of living, then why should I suffer?"

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal

that's easier said than done, but you are right that if you don't evolve you will be left behind (or die).

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Time to once again push Universal Basic Income and probably add a dose of Modern Monetary Theory to support it being something we could afford.