Calling Wing Chunners, please explain.. :(

semtex

:)
Daps
LOL 90s martial arts movies fooled a lot of mothafukkas into thinking stupid shyt like wing chun was effective.

KyokushinKarateMan

Train hard, fight easy
Daps
Reppin
U.S.
Thanks for posting this. I found another video mostly sparring though.

There's some great footage in this video displaying the awesome potential of properly used WC. I would've liked to have seen more evenly skilled matchups, as most of the opponents looked sloppy and amateurish and like deer in headlights when the WC chain punches started flying, but great fights nonetheless! Train hard! Osu!

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
I'm not sure I can concur with this.. their ability to maintain the centerline/correct angle is very admirable. Being that they are mostly evenly set when in their stance, switching angles is actually faster and more effortless for them than conventional fighting stance. That's why I'm just so taken aback by the video; the style has so much validity in it's logic and principles, it's just crazy how ineffective it appeared to be
But the traditional form is to stay flat footed and counter your opponent's movement and use it against them. We see over and over again that doesn't work. You'll get taken down, your opponent will control the fight. Its pace and the angle to attack at. If you stand there, you're letting your opponent find your weakest angle and exploit it. To be a great fighter in Wing Chun, you have to seal up all those angles and then be able to counter them. But there's bound to be an angle your opponent is faster and better at.