Can Roy Cooper Show Democrats How to Win Again?

the kid

Real Esquire, Not the Magazine
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
What do you mean? As Attorney General he refused to defend HB2 and the racist voter ID laws.

But his platform is good:
Issues
If you looked at what he said, Cooper refused to defend HB2 on a technicality. Anytime anyone asked him his direct opinion on whether the Charlotte ordinance was appropriate, he went back to his talking points. That made political sense because he never got the liberal tag within the state and he was able to say he fought the Gen. Assembly on HB2. Good politics but not brave and definitely not a progressive.

Even reviewing his webpage, he has latched on to centrist ideas (teacher pay, unemployment) that do not have a hint of controversy. He does not take a position on anything tat may lose him votes.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
If you looked at what he said, Cooper refused to defend HB2 on a technicality. Anytime anyone asked him his direct opinion on whether the Charlotte ordinance was appropriate, he went back to his talking points. That made political sense because he never got the liberal tag within the state and he was able to say he fought the Gen. Assembly on HB2. Good politics but not brave and definitely not a progressive.

Even reviewing his webpage, he has latched on to centrist ideas (teacher pay, unemployment) that do not have a hint of controversy. He does not take a position on anything tat may lose him votes.
He's attached to the issues that affect NC.

In regards to his words on HB2 he had to recuse himself over legal reasons not emotional ones. But knowing people who've worked on his staff personally in the past, during the campaign, and currently as governor I think you're giving him less benefit than he deserves.

But he's governor now. His success will be based off of his work and not the campaign season.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Also, HB2 was extremely controversial here and nationally.
Same with voter ID.

This is state politics in a conservative state. A progressive will never win.

the kid

Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
He's attached to the issues that affect NC.

In regards to his words on HB2 he had to recuse himself over legal reasons not emotional ones. But knowing people who've worked on his staff personally in the past, during the campaign, and currently as governor I think you're giving him less benefit than he deserves.

But he's governor now. His success will be based off of his work and not the campaign season.
I can dig. He doesn't really have any responsibility for at least his first 2 years because of the super majority. I expect the districts to be redrawn and the the State Senate and State House to change a lot in 2018. Thats when we can see what type of governor he wants to be at that point. Until then I can't really give him credit for being progressive.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I can dig. He doesn't really have any responsibility for at least his first 2 years because of the super majority. I expect the districts to be redrawn and the the State Senate and State House to change a lot in 2018. Thats when we can see what type of governor he wants to be at that point. Until then I can't really give him credit for being progressive.
I agree. I'm rooting for him though. NC has been rough.

If you live in NC make sure you're registered, know your polling place and get out to vote on Sept 12.

In Charlotte for example, high turnout for this election is considered only 15%. Every vote counts.

the kid

Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
I agree. I'm rooting for him though. NC has been rough.

If you live in NC make sure you're registered, know your polling place and get out to vote on Sept 12.

In Charlotte for example, high turnout for this election is considered only 15%. Every vote counts.
Breh, I vote in every election. Poly Sci-Fi major and attorney. Last fall I was at in home fundraisers for Tillis Cooper and McCrory (my old firm drumming up business, donating to both sides). Because I have been behind the curtain a little more than most and was aware of the strategy of both sides during the governor's and senate race this year, I have a different perspective about most of these candidates. I actually thought about working in politics as a campaign manager but Im not really for all the ass kissing necessary to be successful.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
Dems gotta get dirty and be just as grimy as the GOP
You honestly don't even have to do that. Whenever a republican talks, tell them to shut up, and turn their microphone off. They have shown repeatedly that they are the worst kind of hypocrites.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Breh, I vote in every election. Poly Sci-Fi major and attorney. Last fall I was at in home fundraisers for Tillis Cooper and McCrory (my old firm drumming up business, donating to both sides). Because I have been behind the curtain a little more than most and was aware of the strategy of both sides during the governor's and senate race this year, I have a different perspective about most of these candidates. I actually thought about working in politics as a campaign manager but Im not really for all the ass kissing necessary to be successful.
No disrespect intended breh.

:salute: