Canelo vs Liam Smith - Confirmed for September 17th.

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
Those bursts, usually, are enough to keep the opponent thinking and cautious.

smith was a punching bag. a boxer with a good step back can step back from his counters and step back out of range so he cant punch in bursts. demetrius andrade is one such a boxer.

but every good defensive boxer has a good step back. to have a good step back you want to maintain some good front foot pressure. whenever you press down on your front foot you create a pivot foot. press down. create your pivot foot. push off.

jl4lCWVQ.gif

you want to maintain some good front foot pressure so you are always ready to step back from his counters

7VhGNbVo.gif

XngvlieA.gif

and when you step back you move out of range so he cant throw a burst of punches at you and just turn you into a punching bag.

I don't quite understand why his stamina is like that.

he throws every punch very hard. you cant maintain a steady workrate when you throw every punch very hard.

but his body shot ko was very nice. coming around on a squared up guy is always so pretty. they are my favorite body shots.

heres michael dokes coming around on bobby crabtree.

UG2Vf9v9.gif

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
smith was a punching bag. a boxer with a good step back can step back from his counters and step back out of range so he cant punch in bursts. demetrius andrade is one such a boxer.

but every good defensive boxer has a good step back. to have a good step back you want to maintain some good front foot pressure. whenever you press down on your front foot you create a pivot foot. press down. create your pivot foot. push off.

jl4lCWVQ.gif

you want to maintain some good front foot pressure so you are always ready to step back from his counters

7VhGNbVo.gif

XngvlieA.gif

and when you step back you move out of range so he cant throw a burst of punches at you and just turn you into a punching bag.

he throws every punch very hard. you cant maintain a steady workrate when you throw every punch very hard.

but his body shot ko was very nice. coming around on a squared up guy is always so pretty. they are my favorite body shots.

UG2Vf9v9.gif
Ward has a really good step back

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Canelo's stamina forces him to sacrifice offense for defense and vice versa

I don't quite understand why his stamina is like that (possibly his high muscle mass) but I notice that sometimes he just looks to conserve energy and then has bursts of energy. Those bursts, usually, are enough to keep the opponent thinking and cautious.

If I had to take a guess I would say it's the weight cut. Although his stamina hasn't been as bad recently imo.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
yes he does.

0IhrKZn8.gif
I've read that u should never move straight back but someone like ward or others that can move back quickly can get away with that.

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
I've read that u should never move straight back but someone like ward or others that can move back quickly can get away with that.

yeah this was how arturo gatti knocked out terron millet.

6rJc3pek.gif

when they say never move straight back this is what they mean.

but you can move straight back with upper body movement.

suVy1YZ9.gif

or you can move straight back and then press down on your front foot and turn.

wezjAQqu.gif

the main drawback when you move straight back is a guy can chase you straight back and force you to the ropes or into a corner. however to reset into the center of the ring you just have to know how to preform a turn.

nveA6vXk.gif

Last edited:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
yeah this was how arturo gatti knocked out terron millet.

6rJc3pek.gif

when they say never move straight back this is what they mean.

This is what Ward should avoid at all costs against Kovalev
Kovalev likes to gain motion and place for his long straight punches and moving back straight directly plays on his hands.
Lateral movement >

I'm not worried though, if anyone, Ward will know to not do this

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps

jl4lCWVQ.gif

7VhGNbVo.gif

XngvlieA.gif

UG2Vf9v9.gif

Yuza The Gawd out here giving praises to Andrade on the humble....that means a lot to the #ATeam:lawd:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I think he can hide the deficiency in his feet when he moves up. There aren't any nikkas at middle that really move around like that maybe Monroe? hell aside from Lara no jr middles can really expose his footwork, Floyd did it but he isn't wasn't a 154lber :manny:

Willie is the only 'slick' 160 boxer, but as we saw on Saturday, dude is all about D and not about offense. I don't think Canelo's footspeed will be a problem at 160, more so that'd it'd be a big asset, because those dudes are slow.

Plus if y'all saw Canelo's back and legs on Saturday, his back ain't the back of a 154'er but his legs aren't the legs of a 160lb'er :jbhmm: