Captain Marvel (Official Thread) March 8th 2019: 7th Marvel Film To Cross 1B$

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
The amount of things Monnica can do she needs to get a Black Widow like push as far as multiple appearances. From a visual standpoint it would be :whoo:
Yall think they'll ever be bold enough to do Blue Marvel lol?:mjpls:
A Blue Marvel movie especially if they do his backstory in the 60s during racism would be BIG for Disney/Marvel.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Monica appearing in this film is the ONLY way that I am seeing it... It would be smart to have Monica in this film.

The most interesting aspects of this movie aren't Carol. Monica potentially showing up. The introduction of Mar. Hopefully hints of phylla and genis, and a greater look at the marvel cosmic scale.

If she ends up being Monica, well I saw it coming for years now. As soon as Captain Marvel was announced as Carol, i've been saying they'd likely make Monica into Carol's "black best friend"... because shyt they knew black folks would have zero interest in this movie otherwise lol. Not all too indifferent from casting Idris as Heimdall and, to a lesser extent, Chiwetel as Modo.

Part of me dreaded it actually, bc it can put a ceiling on how great Monica can be, as we've seen, irritably, with Rhodey. On the other hand, we're in an era of Disney marvel movies where they seem to "know" better than that now. i.e. No more of those "i'm an equally brave but inferior version of Cap" lines they literally had Sam say in CA:TWS.

Best case scenario is Monica gets portrayed as her own character (which she is) who we see act heroically before the accident happens that gives her powers. Or, if she already has powers, that she gets some strong feats in and is shown (or implied) to be on equal footing with Danvers. Time will tell.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
If she ends up being Monica, well I saw it coming for years now. As soon as Captain Marvel was announced as Carol, i've been saying they'd likely make Monica into Carol's "black best friend"... because shyt they knew black folks would have zero interest in this movie otherwise lol. Not all too indifferent from casting Idris as Heimdall and, to a lesser extent, Chiwetel as Modo.

Part of me dreaded it actually, bc it can put a ceiling on how great Monica can be, as we've seen, irritably, with Rhodey. On the other hand, we're in an era of Disney marvel movies where they seem to "know" better than that now. i.e. No more of those "i'm an equally brave but inferior version of Cap" lines they literally had Sam say in CA:TWS.

Best case scenario is Monica gets portrayed as her own character (which she is) who we see act heroically before the accident happens that gives her powers. Or, if she already has powers, that she gets some strong feats in and is shown (or implied) to be on equal footing with Danvers. Time will tell.
tokenism?

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
Only downside is Monica then won’t pop up in any future shyt cuz she’ll most likely be Brie’s teacher in the film since they have similar powers (another attempt at a super solider via alien energy splicing or sum shyt) and die to give cap marv the push to be a hero or lmao she’s a skull for the twist :wow:

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
0VXpXv.gif