Career Day was a f#cking joke

ryda518

Randy Orton=Legend Killer
Daps
Reppin
bx all day
Tell me about it!

High school teachers and counselors sucked too. Only thing they told us is to get a high score on the ACT test, apply to several colleges and earn a degree and you will be successful in life....what a load of b.s.

werd

and my mom kept warning but at 18 a nikka didn't listen

I'm 22 now and now I understand:sadbron:

people want to go to college just to go, either go for a certain career or don't go at all:childplease:

ukog

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Never had this at my school, looks like I didn't miss out on much.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
only thing I remember about career day was a cop passing around his unloaded gun to the class, we were in 4th grade like :krs: would that even happen today? probably not.

Nor should it, last thing we need is more kids wanting to be a cop so they can shoot people. :beli:

Anyway, I'm not one of the anti-college people but I definitely encourage people to pick a marketable major and avoid taking on excess debt. Not that college is for everybody but it's worth it if you know what you're doing.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
only thing I remember about career day was a cop passing around his unloaded gun to the class, we were in 4th grade like :krs: would that even happen today? probably not.

They did that in my class to........ :jbhmm:

WTF were they giving us guns to hold as kids:gucci:

fukking 1980's NYC teachers were such fukking jokes:hhh:

JoogJoint

In my own league.
Daps
Reppin
Outer Space
This thread is so relevant to me right now. I did everything right and still can't can't find gainful full time employment.:mjcry:
College really is a scam.

Daps
Yeah we didn't have any real sort of a career day in school accept maybe a day where everyone was permitted to dress up as their future career of choice. However, as we got older, college recruiters such as the would come to our school and talk to us about attending their college for an art and design related career. But at the end of the day, they fail to really let you see how much these art colleges really cost.

I mean common $25,000/year.... :shaq2:

Way too much student loan debt to be paying back.:birdman:

Last edited: