Carl Icahn’s Failed Raid on Washington

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
These people have no heart, no soul, no social or individual conscience, it's like the evil of capitalism personified.....Just a taking, feeding, beat. How much money do you need? I do well, and I have ambition to be more, but like 60% of that is to make sure my friends, my family are straight, and provide for people who I don't even know in my city....These people just do it because it's the only weigh they measure self worth. So much ugliness in one name and one person.

superunknown23

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DHjW4uIXkAAp269.jpg:large

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
can i get a tldr version of this plz.

Carl Icahn is an almost comically selfish, greedy investor who is used to making power plays and forcing everyone to bow before him. He's always been a bigger player in the money world than Trump, has bailed Trump out before, and holds a lot of sway with him.

Icahn got Trump to name him a "Special Adviser to the President" and was given incredible power, including the personal vetting of cabinet nominees. Icahn used that power pretty much solely to advance his own financial interests. His words and actions clearly manipulated the price point of interests he was invested in, and he naively attempted to force through rules based solely on his own interests, at the opposition of nearly all other parties.

Eventually Icahn's plans ran afoul of so many people (especially Sen. Grassley) that Trump was forced to side against him. Icahn had put guys in power that eliminated a lot of regulatory changes, but not the one he really wanted. His efforts basically stalled.

Word got around that Icahn's work to change regulations to benefit himself could be clear conflict of interest. The Trump White House tried after-the-fact in August to pretend Icahn never had any real role and was not Trump's adviser, but he obviously was. Icahn resigned from the position that he now supposedly didn't have. If he is investigated, he could be in serious legal trouble. However, it is unclear whether those who have the power to investigate will do it.

BoBurnz

Superstar
Daps
I hate them so much. Have watched them manipulate vulnerable people in my own life for their profits.
My moms is deep in that shyt, breaks my heart because she's an educated career woman who's elbow deep in this scam and it's a struggle for her to stay above water despite making good money in her career. She used this to try and build up a better retirement and now she will likely never retire. :wow:

I ever see this bytch in the street I'll jam his face in.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I have a real addiction to reading the MLM horror stories, it's fascinating human behavior and a look inside the troubled life of the "Average American".

The psychology is just fascinating to me. I think the prevalence of these scam real exposes the underside of our countries inequality and intelligence. How could these people be some desperate and stupid?

Last edited:

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
"My father never accomplished anything, I never respected him" :picard:

Horrible human being, you really must have to be a sociopath to become a billionaire.

You don't. Becoming rich is about providing value to the world. If you create an app or a business that a billion people love, boom....you're a billionaire. But there's a thin line between being shrewd/business savvy and being a dikkhead/immoral a$$hole/sociopath. There's billionaires out here giving all their wealth to charity and solving problems (Elon Musk/Warren Buffett)....then there's sociopaths like Carl Icahn who made his wealth by gutting companies, selling off assets and putting thousands of people out of work if it meant making $100 million dollars.