Cena Is Taking Time Off For Personal Reasons

Green Ranger

I Am Legend
Daps
Reppin
Angel Grove California
Pro wrestling writer Scott Keith (Sporting News/Fighting Spirit Magazine) recently noted on his blogthat the reason being given for John Cena taking an extended break from WWE this fall is due to shooting a new reality series for FOX.

Keith explained he has a friend in the industry and Cena is scheduled to host a new fitness-themed show for the network, which would explain his absence.

Keith posted the following:

A friend in the fitness industry is working on a fitness-themed reality show for FOX. The show is set to air in the spring. He and a few others were told this week that the filming window is set for Oct. 26 to the first or second week of January, and that it will take 6-8 weeks to do everything. They also found out that the host of the show is going to be John Cena. I’m guessing this explains his rumored hiatus after HIAC.

Cena is reported to be taking time off following the WWE Hell In A Cell pay-per-view, and would return for a December WWE live event at Madison Square Garden

The Rainmaker

Mr. Money in the Bank
Daps
John Cena on why he left WWE for 'American Grit'

On taking time off:

"I’ve been a cornerstone of WWE programming since 2002. That’s a long time, it’s more than 10 years. So much so that a portion of our audience has direct complacency with me. ‘Man, Cena holds everybody down. He doesn’t give the new guys a chance.' From a company perspective, as you know I hold it very near and dear to my heart, the dance floor is open, boys. I’m gone, let’s see who steps up. And I like that. As much as I want to try to distance myself or as much as someone who views me would try to distance myself from WWE, I’m never going to go. Personally, and this gives me a better perspective on Dwayne Johnson’s path, you get to a certain point and you cannot attract any more fans. Essentially, my productivity from a company standpoint … I’ve done as much as I can — 15 world championships and a myriad of other accomplishments. I don’t know what left I can do, but I still want to be able to put people in the building."

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
John Cena on why he left WWE for 'American Grit'

On taking time off:

"I’ve been a cornerstone of WWE programming since 2002. That’s a long time, it’s more than 10 years. So much so that a portion of our audience has direct complacency with me. ‘Man, Cena holds everybody down. He doesn’t give the new guys a chance.' From a company perspective, as you know I hold it very near and dear to my heart, the dance floor is open, boys. I’m gone, let’s see who steps up. And I like that. As much as I want to try to distance myself or as much as someone who views me would try to distance myself from WWE, I’m never going to go. Personally, and this gives me a better perspective on Dwayne Johnson’s path, you get to a certain point and you cannot attract any more fans. Essentially, my productivity from a company standpoint … I’ve done as much as I can — 15 world championships and a myriad of other accomplishments. I don’t know what left I can do, but I still want to be able to put people in the building."
:youngsabo: