Chinese Foxconn (Apple products) Plant Closed After Workers Riot

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/25/t...t-in-china-closed-after-worker-riot.html?_r=0

"SHANGHAI — Foxconn Technology, a major supplier to some of the world’s electronics giants, including Apple, said it had closed one of its large Chinese plants Monday after the police were called in to break up a fight among factory employees.

One Foxconn employee reached by telephone Monday afternoon, however, said the incident began when workers started brawling with security guards.

Unconfirmed photographs and video circulated on social networking sites, purporting to be from the factory, showed smashed windows, riot police officers and large groups of workers milling around. The Foxconn plant, in the Chinese city of Taiyuan, employs about 79,000 workers.

The Chinese state-run news media said 5,000 police officers had been called in to quell the riot.

A Foxconn spokesman declined to specify whether the Taiyuan plant made products for the Apple iPhone 5, which went on sale last week, but he said it supplied goods to many consumer electronics brands."

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
didnt jobs say hed have to raise prices 25 percent

Some shyt like that, even with the cash theyre sitting on right now. But still, they could at least make a smaller scale plant here or something. They're a shyt company imo, they could definitely do a LOT more for charity and such

john goodman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Apparently 2,000 people were fighting

Wonder what it was about...

I was just reading about how foxconn is opening retail stores, maybe they should focus on mastering the factory biz before branching out!

Commander in Chiefin

Passing blunts and bills $$$
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Green Party

I was just reading about how foxconn is opening retail stores, maybe they should focus on mastering the factory biz before branching out!

Maybe because apple sold 8 million iP5's at $200-$800, in 2 days and these cats get paid pennies a day.

MikeyK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:ohhh:

Imagine the first cop to get there.

3551449_o.gif