Civilization 6 Official Thread

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
brehs im buying this game for my brother for his birthday. is it ok to go with the digital copy instead of the physical? b/c that's all that gamestop has.

im trying to get it from gamestop b/c i want to use some coupons i got from harlem and i need to get the game today.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
brehs im buying this game for my brother for his birthday. is it ok to go with the digital copy instead of the physical? b/c that's all that gamestop has.

im trying to get it from gamestop b/c i want to use some coupons i got from harlem and i need to get the game today.
no difference because the physical uses steam too

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
the archers are OP...its fun but i know theyre gonna fix it. ive been defending 3 cities with the same archer unit for like 120 turns

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
About to feed my god complex
full

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
how do i send archaeologists to a shipwreck? i must be missing something

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Ran about 275 turns with the Kongo just to get a feel for the flow of the game. I will play all the way through and then go back and play with a more set strategy.

how do i send archaeologists to a shipwreck? i must be missing something

This thread died out, but I'm still playing.
I just FINALLY figured out how Archeology/Theming works, and I won a cultural victory with Kongo.

Here's what I just figured out today:
Every time you build an Archeology museum, it contains 3 artifact slots. On top of the regular Culture and Tourism that regular civs get, Kongo also gets bonus to Food and Production and gold. These bonuses are all doubled if you can set up a "Themed" museum (three artifacts from the SAME era from three DIFFERENT cultures [including "barbarians" as a culture]).

In my game, I had Kongo creating Themed museums that were generating:
12 Food/turn
12 Production/turn
24 Gold/turn
18 Culture/turn
27 Tourism/turn

That actually makes Kongo's themed Archeology museums more "productive" than most Industrial improvements/Wonders.

Any Archeologist you build is only associated with the city that builds him. So an archeologist you build in that city gets to create 3 artifacts that go straight to his "home" city, then he disappears. So, you can only create as many artifacts as you have slots in your home city.

Its really tricky to move your artifacts around from city to city to create Themed museums. You can trade artifacts with other civs, and open up a slot in the museum. Then, they let you buy/build a new archeologist there with one charge to try to find a new artifact. You might have to send him to different parts of the map to find artifacts from different cultures.

Last edited:

XII

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Paid $27 for this at launch and only played it 5 hours :mjcry: