Cletus Seldin vs Yves Ulysse Jr Is the closest we will see to Floyd vs Gatti

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
I can’t find a link for the fight but I saw it in hbo again yesterday and at moments it felt like I was watching Floyd vs gatti.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
giphy.webp

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
:mjlol: horrible thread.

Floyd actually kept putting together punches consistently and never let Gatti off of the hook. He whupped his ass and closed the show. He knew he had a guy in front of him that shouldn't go the distance. He had every advantage you can conceive in the fight and maximized each one.

Ulysse just ran around the ring throwing combos with mean intentions at Seldin. He dropped him 3 times and was consistently hurting or rocking him. His style and strategy was perfect for outboxing Seldin, but he never used it as a real gameplan that would allow him to break down Seldin and get him the fukk out of there. There was no consistent hard jab that would wear down and set up big shots, no consistent body work to slow Seldin down either. If Steward was alive he'd be saying the same thing. That fight shouldn't have gone more than 6 or 7 rds tops. Ulysse still looked solid and kicked his ass, but its a super reach to compare it to one of the most ass kickingst one-sided performances of all time in Floyd vs Gatti.