Coli producers: Is it easier to make a beat when a rapper provides the lyrics and concept first?

Slangtonomo

Formerly Slang Dussain Ali
Daps
Reppin
www.weohh.com
Absolutely not.

I can make beats all day without input from nobody. It's hard to get somebody to ride 'em.

No, the question was could you craft a beat around a concept or idea someone brings to you.

Curious, I know you a WC breh, what type production tip you on?

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
Nah, it's the complete opposite.

You can sit down and make 5 beats in a night, but if a dude has a specific concept in mind, then you have to put the work in to find the samples/drums that match the concept.

In fact, I rarely do that shyt, because most emcees these days don't really gaf about concepts, so you can just give them a batch of beats so they can find what vibes best for them. Also, if an emcee has a concept for a song, there's really no reason in 2017 that they can't make the beat themselves.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
No, the question was could you craft a beat around a concept or idea someone brings to you.

Curious, I know you a WC breh, what type production tip you on?

I can craft a beat around a concept or idea, but I don't need that to work. I can make beats all day.

My sound is varied, it just depends on what i'm feeling...but do have a lot of "Cognac Lounge Beats"
and spacey-funk (dare I say, Battlecat-ish).