Coli Ring Theater Classics: Roy Jones Jr. vs John Ruiz (the finality of Roy Jones Prime)

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
Could see how much he had slipped in this fight. Much slower, barely throwing. But still elite enough to wash this nikka.

Not sure being in there with a heavyweight would make him look slower. Should be the opposite.

If you put on a bunch of muscle/weight, then you're going to be slower than you were when you were around around 30lbs lighter.

You think Usain Bolt would be as fast if he put on 30lbs? Nope. Desean Jackson? Nope. And neither should Roy Jones.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you put on a bunch of muscle/weight, then you're going to be slower than you were when you were around around 30lbs lighter.

You think Usain Bolt would be as fast if he put on 30lbs? Nope. Desean Jackson? Nope. And neither should Roy Jones.
That's offset by the fact that Ruiz was a million times slower than anyone he ever faced. That would make him look even faster.

Jones began slipping well before this fight. He was such a great fighter that somehow managed to defend his title a couple more times, move up to HW, win a title, move back down and regain the title.

But there is no doubt that he was slipping. Flat-footed almost all of the time (a far cry from his prime), one punch at a time (he was once a combination machine) and then cutting muscle to go back to 175. All of that did him in.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
There is this Roy fight with this guy named David Teslasco..it was in 2000...i swear to goodness it can make you almost start crying. It got to a point where Roy started throwing lightning quick lead right hands. I coughed so damn hard off that shyt..Teladco got so frustrated he tried to nearly tackle him and pull his tights up towards the ropes. Lol.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
There is this Roy fight with this guy named David Teslasco..it was in 2000...i swear to goodness it can make you almost start crying. It got to a point where Roy started throwing lightning quick lead right hands. I coughed so damn hard off that shyt..Teladco got so frustrated he tried to nearly tackle him and pull his tights up towards the ropes. Lol.

"David Telesco really asked for it, so I beat him with a fractured wrist" :blessed:

• Dap
Reactions: R=G

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
Roy’s absolute peak IMO was at 168.

Muhammad Ali’s famous peak performance is usually looked at as the Cleveland Williams fight. You could debate which fight was RJJ at his absolute best, but I thought his “Cleveland Williams fight” was Bryant Brannon.