Coli Vets why does Obama have less support among the Armed Forces this year?

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Veterans retreating from Barack Obama - Darren Samuelsohn - POLITICO.com

President Barack Obama is trying hard to win veterans, but it looks like they’d prefer a new commander in chief.

The Obama campaign had been hoping that veterans and their families — especially among the post-Sept. 11 generation that served in Iraq and Afghanistan — would be part of their path to victory: They’re a high turn-out demographic and concentrated in battleground states, with nearly 1 million each in North Carolina, Ohio and Virginia, and 1.6 million in Florida.

Read more: Veterans retreating from Barack Obama - Darren Samuelsohn - POLITICO.com

Gallo

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hard to tell because most military personnel avoid discussing politics. Discussions mostly revolve around military duties, broads and booze. Occasionally one sees a political post or two on Facebook. I tell ya what though, no one has done more for the troops than Obama. That post 9/11 GI Bill and hire a veteran tax credit has many dudes:ooh::win:

Shogun

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
I know the whole "Obama killed bin laden" trend has a bit to do with it. The media is more responsible for this than president Obama, but that's he way it goes these days.

Daps
This is only looking at veterans. I remember another poll flipping the script for active duty personnel.

Gallo

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is only looking at veterans. I remember another poll flipping the script for active duty personnel.

Oh these numbers are about older geezer vets? Yah they don't like Obama. The older a vet gets the more conservative they become. Rarely do I see vets move left as they get older and that's probably never going to change.

Shogun

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Oh these numbers are about older geezer vets? Yah they don't like Obama. The older a vet gets the more conservative they become. Rarely do I see vets move left as they get older and that's probably never going to change.

Older vets feel like the democrats fukked them in Vietnam, and then the liberals spit on them when they got home. shyt like that is hard to forget

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hard to tell because most military personnel avoid discussing politics. Discussions mostly revolve around military duties, broads and booze. Occasionally one sees a political post or two on Facebook. I tell ya what though, no one has done more for the troops than Obama. That post 9/11 GI Bill and hire a veteran tax credit has many dudes:ooh::win:

I thought all the whites in the military were conservatives from poor states.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans

It's definitely a majority, but around like 51-60% by my best guesses. Different services have different breakdowns.

There are a lot of liberal cats and minorities too. I was surprised to be honest with you. A lot of cats I was in with voted for Obama, even some "Redneck" types.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's definitely a majority, but around like 51-60% by my best guesses. Different services have different breakdowns.

There are a lot of liberal cats and minorities too. I was surprised to be honest with you. A lot of cats I was in with voted for Obama, even some "Redneck" types.

Word?

My dad told me a story of his friends from the Gulf War 1990 that said a commander on some ship told all the sailors they would vote to reelect GHW Bush.

Gallo

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yeah what Typeuser said. Most are from the south/mid-west. Politically, the officers in general tend to be more to the right than your average enlisted personnel. But again, politics is really an afterthought in active-duty. You hear more about some higher ranking officer complaining about having to meet with some senator/representative about funding or other nonsense than you do about Obama. When not deployed people are too busy with training, women and boozing - seriously. You saw prince Harry.