College degree is the new HS dipolma.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Actually, you should not be pigeoned holed into a degree for the sake of earning money.
It totally defeats the original purpose of college which is to enlighten yourself during your tenure.

I see you stem majors beating your chest and what not, but the run on those degree will be ending shortly as well.

Depending on which way the economy shifts, a lot engineers will be eating will well soon.

The game will eventually become saturated for everybody, trust me

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
Just by the way some of the people in this thread write I can tell that they are not in college or anywhere close to obtaining a degree but this is the-coli so I will let you cook.

Anyway, about 33% of the population will have a bachelors degree. That is still far less that those earning a high school diploma. Those who do not go to college at all are not going to find shyt out there unless they are lucky and someone hooks them up.
Most people with college degrees will never pay it off..
If you are going to be in debt, is it no wise to study something that can bring you a good return?

Why take out 100K loan to study wall painting?:rudy:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Most people with college degrees will never pay it off..
If you are going to be in debt, is it no wise to study something that can bring you a good return?

Why take out 100K loan to study wall painting?:rudy:

I don't know about others. Pretty much all of my education is paid off because I also work while I'm going to school and the university is paying a year on my Masters.

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
I don't know about others. Pretty much all of my education is paid off because I also work while I'm going to school and the university is paying a year on my Masters.

You are in the minority....most college kids are in debt up to their eyeballs with no end in sight.

My point is... easy jobs which require basic training should not require degrees.
Colleges have found ways to introduce degrees so they can con the most desperate people who want a degree but are not mentally capable of learning advanced concepts.

Liberals arts classes in the school I went to had to introduce trailers to accommodate students while engineering and math classes could not even reach 20 per lecture....Most people in college should never be there.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
This pretty sad, because I could have made $10 when I was in HS. You can't possibly tell me that's good money with a straight face :why:

:whew: sh*t just got real in here...

Typical Coli poster just elevated a status...

Also too many cats in here unfairly sh*t on Art degrees. There's a lot of dope innovation that can come out of possessing an art degree. I even posted this video yesterday as well:
FRANCE 24 Tech 24 - 02/18/2013 TECH 24 - YouTube

People should study what they want. I just feel that individuals of hispanic or AA descent, who want to go to school debt-free and be able to acquire a reasonable job, post college should go into engineering.

What you're ignoring in your assumption is that (A) most of the best schools for engineers (and I'm sure every other school) has or is moving towards a model where engineers are charged higher tuition than their their liberal arts counterparts. ( B) the individual eligible for such scholarships will have demonstrated excellence and competency in math and in general up until that point so they would also be eligible for a wide-range of scholarships for non-engineering majors. (C) It also projects the market will remain this way for the foreseeable future.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
What you're ignoring in your assumption is that (A) most of the best schools for engineers (and I'm sure every other school) has or is moving towards a model where engineers are charged higher tuition than their their liberal arts counterparts.
Yeah I've seen that...

Maybe it's due to the low retention rate...

:manny:

( B) the individual eligible for such scholarships will have demonstrated excellence and competency in math and in general up until that point so they would also be eligible for a wide-range of scholarships for non-engineering majors.
:yeshrug: sohh engineers are the only people who can do advanced math :rudy:

This goes both ways. I know plenty of people who majored in soft sciences that were taking AP Calculus in HS. They didn't necessarily hate math either. Most just liked sociology or psychology better... :manny:

People should be able to major in w/e they want.
(C) It also projects the market will remain this way for the foreseeable future.
And since yesterday's gone, I guess the time is now-Joe Budden

Can't predict the future, but I guarantee there will be an abundance of full stipend scholarships that will go untouched this year as well. And just like Paul Krugman stance on dealing with healthcare in 2025, we shouldn't worry about having too many minorities competing for engineering scholarships until it happens ( :troll: )

But real talk no trolling, I can more engineering jobs being outsourced in the future :manny:

Despite an attempt of more people taking these field more seriously...

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
:yeshrug: sohh engineers are the only people who can do advanced math :rudy:

No, but any scholarship someone is going to get for going into engineering is going to be based on a track record of achievement in maths and sciences. It's very unlikely that you find a black or hispanic kid walking around with an A in calculus and physics, but failing english, etc.

And I'm certain those engineering scholarships will go unused, as does many other scholarships (to a lesser degree).

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
no liberal arts degree is the new HS diploma...I'm yet to find an engineer, math or science person without a job.

liberal art degrees were created by college for those who have no business being there.
BASICALLY THEY ARE FOR SUKKERS

you know whats funny breh...i used to think that liberal arts for the longest was just a fancy way for a college/university to big up their curriculum and make it sound more important :bryan:..so it actually legit shocked me when somebody i knew actually had that as a degree :huhldup:..the fact it took her 6 years to get it made it more pathetic..in that time she actually completed 3 different minors which i never heard of..we fell out over 3 years ago cuz of some bullshyt so i have no idea what she does for a living now..but before the fallout she was working for a cleaning service and temping as a secretarty and working towards a grad degree through university of phoenix:leostare: