Controversy Creates Cash by Eric Bischoff = Classic

Daps
35491.jpg

reading this now after downloading it

and breh, this should be a mandatory read for all TSC members. I gained a new found respect for Eric and shocked to know he spent some of his childhood close to where I live

Im not even a big book reader but the way the book is written keeps your focus really well.

Maybe Im just a fein for knowing the backstage aspects of wrestling but im nearly done with the book already and its only been 3 days.

dbp

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's a pretty good read.

Obviously he's going to be biased and defend himself, but it does paint a picture into what was going on in WCW.

Eric gets so much flack these days now that WWE can re-write history. Dealing with standards and practices in a PG era when the rest of the world was obsessed with attitude era style booking was a major handicap.

Not saying late WCW wasn't fukkery, but they were basically doomed to fail once WWE started getting it right.

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I liked it. Wasn't as much dirt in there as I thought there'd be though. Probably because he was a WWE employee at the time. Maybe he'll do another book someday. :scheme:

Jixson

Pro
Daps
Reppin
League of Legends
I read it when it came out.

I think I still have my copy. It was a pretty good read.

Not the first Mick book or even Lita to be honest, but not complete shyt like Rocky and Edge.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Good But Very Biased

Read The Whole Starcade 97 Part With The :stopitslime: Face

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
Its alright, Im surprised you guys liked it so much. Its very light on wrestling stories (he focuses more on the business/corporate aspect of wcw), and very heavy on defending everything hes done in his career. A typical line reads like this:

"I made the decision to _______, of course the hardcore wrestling fans didnt like it, and the dirt sheets trashed it, but we felt like it was the right move to expand our brand and licensing possibilities to a more mainstream audience..."

It gets unbearable by the time you reach wcw's collapse. He has an excuse for everything.

This book by Gary Michael Cappetta is much better...he was a ring announcer during the early days of the WWF right before they went national, then the NWA/WCW from the late 80s to the early 90s. Very entertaining: