Core Activated!!! Abdominal Muscle Spasms and Didn't Work Area... Is this Normal?

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
I had to stop my workout because I was suffering from intense abdominal muscle cramps. I was almost at the end of my workout when these cramps started happening. The thing is that I was not doing any abdominal work, but it was upper body night, so I worked just about every muscle.

I remember this feel because many moons ago, I actually tried to work out my stomach and it ended badly, so I haven't done physical work to the area since then.

Forgive me... I know this is a noob question, but......

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've been having the same issue and I'm on a good amount of potassium....I think maybe I should hit my abs more but when ever I do it's like I get a muscle tear or sharp pain that contracts and locks not allowing me to want to bend over or continue the exercise. The first 2 times it hit me It instantly made me start sweat profusely.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
My best guess is dehydration. Potassium is all well and good but if you don’t have enough fluid in your systems there will be issues. Also cramps and muscle tightness is individualized so those area for you might be more prone to issues and not for others.

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
My best guess is dehydration. Potassium is all well and good but if you don’t have enough fluid in your systems there will be issues. Also cramps and muscle tightness is individualized so those area for you might be more prone to issues and not for others.

Thanks for your response!

My torso (abdomen and chest) is the last place I really haven't built significant muscle in my life time. At one point or another most of my body has been muscular (I'd build it, then let it go away). Hopefully, these cramps will go away when I completely develop the muscles. As far as individualized pains, I also suffer from Charlie horse cramps that I'll never get rid of because of the proportions of my hamstrings and quads to the rest of my body.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Thanks for your response!

My torso (abdomen and chest) is the last place I really haven't built significant muscle in my life time. At one point or another most of my body has been muscular (I'd build it, then let it go away). Hopefully, these cramps will go away when I completely develop the muscles. As far as individualized pains, I also suffer from Charlie horse cramps that I'll never get rid of because of the proportions of my hamstrings and quads to the rest of my body.
I have/had similar issues. I would get innner thigh cramps that would wake me out of my sleep and grunting in pain.

I started drinking the propel electrolyte powder in my water and it seems to help.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have/had similar issues. I would get innner thigh cramps that would wake me out of my sleep and grunting in pain.

I started drinking the propel electrolyte powder in my water and it seems to help.

Damn bro I forgot all about that I’ve been drinking nothing but water with the occasional BCAAs I probably haven’t been getting my electrolytes

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This started happen to me and I use to have no problems, I did about 4 or 5 things and it cleared up.

increased potassium (ate bananas)
Increase my water intake.
Stretched my abdominal regularly and well
Increased my electrolye intake (mostly just powerade)

haven't had problems since.