Critics aren't in love with "Starboy" ...that means its a classic

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Fact as soon as artist try to start being Michael Jackson their career falls off. Cause no one believes it. Damn near threw up in my mouth when he did the MJ walk in that Star Boy video. Dude lost all his credibility with me in that one moment.

:russ:

K.Dot

African American
Daps
Reppin
Bro 'nem
shyt trash tbh, some good songs but sucks as an album. Critics never like pop albums, pop album's usually aren't good though. I can't think of one modern pure pop album that's enjoyable if you aren't a 16 year cave wench.

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
His stans gonna come in here and say hes just trying to reach a new crowd.. funny cause they said that about his last pop album :mjgrin:

His new shyts wack.. yeah he'll have a couple songs on an album that remind you that he is THE WEEKND but other than that its just forced chart singles that make you think 'yo is this really The Weeknd?'

I don't even think he fully fukks with the music hes been making recently.

He's a brand and a global star .. this album's production is top notch

Are you one of these purist n!ggas would rather he moved Seattle and OD'ed on drugs after KissLand flopped ?

Be happy he escaped the clutches of OVO :mjgrin:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Comments in this thread are lit
:mjlol:

It's nothing but praise in the pinned thread tho
:mjpls:

Sammy Steez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MKE
I think the publications have a luke warm reception to Starboy because he isn't the "new" hot innovative artist on the scene anymore.
I think a lot of the songs on the album could have great appeal to a lot of demographics. Based on the number of tracks, I'd expect this to be a slow-burn type of album.
My hottake is that this will produce a top 10 hit like 6 months from now.