Cruz isn’t sure Dillashaw and Garbrandt ‘have what it takes’ to be the best

CEITEDMOFO

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Reigning UFC bantamweight champion Cody Garbrandt and former teammate T.J. Dillashaw will be opposing coaches at TUF 25. After which, they will be facing each other in the Octagon with Garbrandt’s title on the line.

The two fighters are expected to meet each other around July, and waiting in the wings is former long-time titleholder Dominick Cruz. Based on what he has observed so far, “The Dominator” is a little skeptical that either man would be able to at the very least equal what he was able to do.

“I fought three times last year, Cody sat on the outside, fought a three-round fight, came in and fought me,” Cruz said on the recent episode of the Joe RoganExperience podcast. “I fought for three titles against the best guys in the world.”

“I would like to see how he can do. Let’s see if he can keep a win streak going. Let’s see if he can keep the belt at all against the guy that I already fought. And let’s see what TJ can do with this opportunity.”

“This is the thing, I don’t mind seeing what these gentlemen can do with it. Because I fought them both,” he continued. “And I know what it takes to be the best for a very long time, not just for one fight. And I’m not sure if they have what it takes yet. But I’m here, and I’d like to challenge them again to find out.”

Cruz believes it is inevitable for him to face either Garbrandt or Dillashaw down the line. And as he remains on the sidelines, he intends to take the opportunity to fully heal up his body.

“If I do one fight this year, OK. Go back and win my title, OK. And then defend it another three times in one year, OK,” Cruz said. “These guys are gonna fight, there’s gonna be a winner, people want to see me fight them. I really believe that.”

“They want to fight me, I’ll tell you that. Both of them. So, what’s the rush other than being perfectly healthy so I could put that show on?”

Here is the full episode of the podcast, where Cruz also talks about his unorthodox fighting style, how he learned to deal with losses, and the Cormier vs. Jones fight, among others.

Cruz: Both Garbrandt and Dillashaw want to fight me

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Cruz trash talk game is hard too take seriously. Plus, he so quick to trash his opponent on a personal level when all of them would go out of their way to respect him. That shyt he tried to get under Cody's skin made him look like a complete p*ssy.

XII

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
giphy.gif

Doesn't have what it takes :mjlol: