Cub Swanson wants title shot, will settle for Ricardo Lamas or Frankie Edgar

Mad Good Dro

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cub Swanson wants title shot, will settle for Ricardo Lamas or Frankie Edgar in meantime - Bloody Elbow

UFC Featherweight Cub Swanson has started coming into his own since transferring over in 2011. As a WEC fighter he was known as being impressive but very consistent. Since losing his debut bout after the merger he's put together a 5-fight win streak. Most recently he got a 3rd round TKO over Dennis Siver in a Fight of the Night performance at UFC 162.

With that fight barely a week behind him, he's already thinking about what he wants next. Of course, with a couple top-10 wins under his belt, he's looking right at champion Jose Aldo. But, with Aldo already scheduled to fight Chan Sung Jung at UFC 163, Cub says he's not gonna wait around:

Well, if they are going to give someone else Aldo then that’s way too long for me to wait. I’m in prime position right now. I’m doing well. There’s no sense in me waiting, but I do want that fight and if I have to fight one more time then I would like the Ricardo Lamas fight or the Frankie Edgar fight.

I’ve thought about (losing) and I just think that if I did, for some reason, lose because the talent is so high, I wouldn’t get down on myself. I would just make the adjustments and try to get right back on a win streak because at this point of my career and in my life, I’m having so much fun fighting and I just like to get out there and do it,

#2 ranked Featherweight Ricardo Lamas has put together a solid streak of his own. In 4 UFC fights, he's never lost inside the Octagon. If he and Swanson meet each other next, it'll be for the second time. Back at UFC on Fox 1, Lamas caught Swanson in an arm-triangle to submit him in the second round.

Despite being only 1-1 in the division, former Lightweight champ Frankie Edgar has already cemented himself as a top player at 145 lbs. After giving up a decision to champion Jose Aldo in his divisional debut, Edgar took a clear unanimous decision over Charles Oliveira at UFC 162 to earn a Fight of the Night bonus of his own.

The Infamous

Vocabulary.spills.I'm.ill
Daps
Either fight would be great. I'd prefer lamas/swanson for the next shot at the title.