satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
12/22/16 Update:

Full trailer:

Welcome to a town where everything is perfect, but nothing is as it seems. Riverdale premieres January 26 on The CW!

7/10/15 Update:

10/26/14 update:
Archie TV Series Influenced by Twin Peaks and Gotham

Riverdale's producer says Twin Peaks and Gotham will influence the Archie Comics-based FOX TV adaption.

26 OCT 2014 BY RACHEL PAXTON-GILLILAN

Additional details on the Archie Comics-based Riverdale suggest that FOX's one hour drama is going to be an intentionally strange origin story, drawing inspiration from David Lynch's Twin Peaks.

We already knew that the live-action Riverdale would take on the darkness and weirdness lurking beneath the town's surface. But in a recent interview with Comic Book Resources, pilot writer and Archie Comics' Chief Creative Officer Robert Aguirre-Sacasa has offered a more concrete example of what this means for the one-hour drama: "Riverdale is Archie Meets Twin Peaks."

archie-1800-1396984186-15979-300x403.jpg

"Something we talk a lot about is, 'Imagine if Riverdale were like Twin Peaks,' and was a really weird small town," explained Aguirre-Sacasa. "But Twin Peaks had some very funny black humor stuff to it; obviously it was very serious as well. So that kind of balance is what we're going to try to strike with the show."

He went on to compare Riverdale to FOX's Gotham, noting that it will be an origin story with Betty and Veronica meeting for the first time in the pilot. "The same way that Gotham is the origin story of how Gotham became the city we know in the movies, and how Batman came into being, I in a way think of Riverdale as an origin story as well," he said.

"So one of the stories we're telling is how all these kids, from very different backgrounds, with very different interests in different social circles, come together to become the most famous group of high school friends that the world has ever known. Which to me is the ultimate Archie story."

While Riverdale will focus on the main five characters from the comics -- Archie, Betty, Veronica, Jughead, and Reggie -- it will also feature characters from deeper Archie lore, including Josie and the p*ssycats. "We're going to use them to tell band stories. One of the biggest responses we've gotten to comic stories is Archie dating Valerie -- I think it would be crazy to not do some version of that story on Riverdale." Aguirre-Sacasa added, "So they'll be a big part of the show."

Aguirre-Sacasa also teased that, if it all works out, fans should expect an Afterlife with Archie episode of Riverdale every Halloween.

For the latest on Riverdale, keep your eyes on IGN!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10...says-the-show-will-be-archie-meets-twin-peaks

:beli: So this gonna be like that "Archie's Weird Mysteries" animated series from 1999-2000. I hated that show because I wanted a regular Archie TV show, not a fukkING mystery show.

Original Post:

:ohhh:

Last edited: