David Haye vs Tony Bellew 2 fight thread

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
The disliking of Liverpudlian's goes back decades due to Unions and strikes back in the 50-70's and then you have Manchester/Liverpool beef which is over a century old, which started over the canals for the textile industry.

Liverpool has the nicknames of Pity City and Bin Dippers.

how come most of you UK cats dont like bellew? :patrice:..curious

Has pissed and moaned his whole career, about a variety of things. Like when he had to fight 175 and then complains it isnt really his weight and he cannot be the Bomber like he was in his amateur/early pro career because he has to boil down.

He acts like he's some super accomplished fighter when he's barely done anything. His two biggest victories were against Haye who was way past his prime in both fights. Plus people from Liverpool are generally not really liked :yeshrug:

His best victory is vs Makabu tbh. Both wins vs Haye are good, but Haye was broken :flabbynsick:

I'm not from the UK but I know that dude's getting annoying to many UK fans
being outspoken and honest is a thing, screaming extreme, 2D opinions on social and criminal issues on social media is another thing :pachaha:
you know this guy never really has an opinion like "on one hand... on the other hand" it's only one hand :pachaha:
I think many UK fans are fed up with Bellew being a self-appointed moral preacher

Yeah. Acts the fool in the build up vs Cleverly in the first fight and then doesnt like it when others do it to him.

Have you ever been to liverpool? The people there are super friendly and down to earth. Its like the opposite of london.

Town Centre Tourist?

Man charged over 'racist abuse' incident on bus in Kirkdale

Muslim mother of 4 beaten unconscious in Islamophobic attack at McDonald's in Liverpool

:hubie:

Being a gobby scouser who attempts to take the high ground all the time doesn't come across well tbh:heh:

Oochie Wally :hula: One Mic

Last edited:

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
briggs is only dangerous in the first couple of rounds....with horrific stamina to boot...even haye's struggle movement would be enough to keep him at bay
yeah but he would have connected eventually. and know that Briggs can punch hard and was also juiced to the gills, he would have put him on his ass after a while.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
37 doesnt seem that old to look the way haye did. That was some old yeller being put out to pasture shyt. Only there is only 2 years between them :heh:
every fighter is different..bellew doesnt have the injury history that haye did..37 is typically an age when boxers have some type of decline physically

Dushane Hill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Squamish, British Columbia
His best victory is vs Makabu tbh. Both wins vs Haye are good, but Haye was broken :flabbynsick:

Town Centre Tourist?

Man charged over 'racist abuse' incident on bus in Kirkdale

Muslim mother of 4 beaten unconscious in Islamophobic attack at McDonald's in Liverpool

:hubie:

Oochie Wally :hula: One Mic

Makabu was a nobody really, hence why he knocked him out in the 2nd round, the belt was vacant a well :yeshrug:

//

You forgot to add the racist murder of Anthony Walker. Liverpool is a city full of scum.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Makabu was a nobody really, hence why he knocked him out in the 2nd round, the belt was vacant a well :yeshrug:

//

You forgot to add the racist murder of Anthony Walker. Liverpool is a city full of scum.

Makabu was a live body, not someone who was broken and hadnt done anything meaningful since going all WWE with Del Boy in Munich 5 years earlier. Bellew had more pressure on that fight, he loses he retires, a loss isnt in front of London fans, its in his living room. Makabu was a puncher and he put Bellew down in the first. Did Haye even catch him with a cleaner shot as Makabu did in 2, over 16 rounds?

I was going to put Anthony Walker in, but it isnt recent and I thought it's better just to post the stuff that has happened within the past 6 weeks.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
every fighter is different..bellew doesnt have the injury history that haye did..37 is typically an age when boxers have some type of decline physically
Thats not "a decline" is what we are seeing with pacman, haye is basically athletically derelict